Carlos on BBC Radio 5 live , Thursday 18 Oct at 2100

1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

It's ludicrous ain't it.

I bet he looked a right prat sat in silence whilst we were all signing Carlos' name during the Arsenal/Brighton play off games/Wembley etc.

We really do have some idiots amongst us. So does every club though, I guess.

The idiots amongst us are the ones constantly slagging Palmer , joey , nuihu a d especially Dawson off . That’s idiotic behaviour .

with Carlos , I was taken in the first season but from Wembley onwards quickly saw him for the com artist he is . Never has a manager made me so angry for wasting so much on such dross . He ( and chansiri) together sapped the love I had for Wednesday . Thankfully we have kissed and made up and I’m back looking forward to games again . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, james o connor said:

The idiots amongst us are the ones constantly slagging Palmer , joey , nuihu a d especially Dawson off . That’s idiotic behaviour .

with Carlos , I was taken in the first season but from Wembley onwards quickly saw him for the com artist he is . Never has a manager made me so angry for wasting so much on such dross . He ( and chansiri) together sapped the love I had for Wednesday . Thankfully we have kissed and made up and I’m back looking forward to games again . 

Totally agree re: Palmer/Dawson etc.

The point I'm trying to make is that guy reckons he hated Carlos 'from day one'. 

Now, I've seen some cracking posts on here in my time. But that is up there with the best.

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

The point I'm trying to make is that guy reckons he hated Carlos 'from day one'. 

Now, I've seen some cracking posts on here in my time. But that is up there with the best.

Yeah I get what you mean , nobody can form an intelligent opinion of a manager on day one . Fair point .

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Biggest thing that sticks in my mind when thing were going off the rails during his last couple of months was the game v Hull at home where he claimed we should have had a pen for handball. Replay showed clearly he was wrong and hit the defenders chest but he still claimed it was handball. Was cringeworthy.

Also the £20 thing in the Press conference, was ridiculous.

From memory it did hit his arm, but it hit his arm after deflecting off his chest or leg. hence no penalty.

but yes CC did rant on about it like a fool.

People really do over-guff at his first season, look at the players he had at his disposal

bannan, FF, hooper

all younger and sharper than they are now that’s for sure, I could have got us top six 

I cringe every time I listen to him, absolute conman and some of you bought it hook line and sinker based on that first season 

26 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I was going to say that anyone who says they "hated" Carlos from day one is probably a bigot.

I followed the trail back as I was curious who the perpetrator was, and discovered it was MK. 

Blimey... :picnic:

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

People really do over-guff at his first season, look at the players he had at his disposal

bannan, FF, hooper

all younger and sharper than they are now that’s for sure, I could have got us top six 

I cringe every time I listen to him, absolute conman and some of you bought it hook line and sinker based on that first season 

Such a silly thing to say. I imagine you’re one of those who thinks your nan would win La Liga with Real too.

It was a group of new players and rarely do teams just go up straight away when they are a new team. Wolves took 3 years and built every year, we stopped building after year 1. The only improvement on that 11 from Wembley is Adam Reach, and that’s due to our chairman.

Ironic that you mention people have bought an opinion when you’re using the easy lazy view that he caused all our problems, which I’m sorry is a dumb naive view. I notice how you failed to mention he got us into the play offs again the year after and we were a spot kick away from Wembley, with a depleted squad missing many key players. The continuing injury problems at the club would suggest you can’t blame it all on Carlos, sorry to disappoint you.

Certainly a character, still being discussed on this site close to a year after his departure tells its own story. Likeable guy, genuinely believe he just wanted to get to the prem with us as we all do, got nothing against him. Can see the other side of the argument aswell but think there was more behind the scenes at work with recruitment and injuries etc that he gets slated for. 

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

I hated him from day one. Had to bite my tongue until Wembley then realised I was right all along. 

His contribution to the financial hole we are in is significant. 

Tory hates foreigners shock.

Edited by Sham67

10 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Such a silly thing to say. I imagine you’re one of those who thinks your nan would win La Liga with Real too.

It was a group of new players and rarely do teams just go up straight away when they are a new team. Wolves took 3 years and built every year, we stopped building after year 1. The only improvement on that 11 from Wembley is Adam Reach, and that’s due to our chairman.

Ironic that you mention people have bought an opinion when you’re using the easy lazy view that he caused all our problems, which I’m sorry is a dumb naive view. I notice how you failed to mention he got us into the play offs again the year after and we were a spot kick away from Wembley, with a depleted squad missing many key players. The continuing injury problems at the club would suggest you can’t blame it all on Carlos, sorry to disappoint you.

I’m not blaming it all on Carlos, but we had one of the strongest squads in the league and we sneaked 6th on 74pts, hardly record breaking

First decent football any of us had seen in twenty years so that probs had something to do with it 

Im in the belief that more or less any manager would have got us top six, if you don’t agree then what was so special about Carlos reign? 

Edited by FreshOwl

Guest Bulgaria

:duntmatter:

5 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Anti Tory accuses Tory of hating foreigners shock.:Pelupessy:

Edited by Bulgaria

Ok hate was probably too strong a word, I disliked that the type of appointment we were making. A head coach with zero knowledge of the English game, a coach with many entries on his CV clearly comes with a red flag. 

Anyone who frequents another forum will know I suggested he would be gone by Sept before a ball was kicked. I still think a defeat at Brentford would have caused that, ironically the similar type guy that Brentford had appointed did get the boot that day. I then ate humble pie for the rest of the season, several portions all told. 

However Wembley was the turning point. The approach, the tactics. 

That pre / post season was in hindsight not good, as terrible as the football we were then watching. The frustration has been the huge wasted opportunity his appointment created. In terms of the type of players recruited, the injuries he exacerbated and the £200k a week basically sat on the bench not contributing. Or £10m a season. Makes the debate about ticket prices nonsensical when we have that huge outgoing which he had a huge hand in creating 

15 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Not really worthy of a response 

I discuss politics in the Politics section, but for the avoidance of doubt I don't hate foreigners, just incompetent managers. So Eustace, Wilson, Yorath, Jewell, Megson were all UK citizens and I was even less keen on them 

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Not really worthy of a response 

I discuss politics in the Politics section, but for the avoidance of doubt I don't hate foreigners, just incompetent managers. So Eustace, Wilson, Yorath, Jewell, Megson were all UK citizens and I was even less keen on them 

Megson...

Now you've done it. The people trapped in 2012 will be along in no time to set you straight. 

50 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I’m not blaming it all on Carlos, but we had one of the strongest squads in the league and we sneaked 6th on 74pts, hardly record breaking

First decent football any of us had seen in twenty years so that probs had something to do with it 

Im in the belief that more or less any manager would have got us top six, if you don’t agree then what was so special about Carlos reign? 

Can you find me anyone saying we were going to get top 6 or promoted before that first season? What were your expectations at the start of it?

From what I remember, nearly all our fans said they’d settle for mid table and maybe a play off push at best. We ended up getting to Wembley. Expectations were exceeded and we overachieved to get where we did in his first season.

What was so special? Playoffs, 2 seasons in a row. Wouldn’t we all take that again??