Carlos on BBC Radio 5 live , Thursday 18 Oct at 2100

Did a fantastic job for us for one season, a solidly effective job for a second, then a bad job for six months.

Bought a few players that the fans loved the idea of, then when they failed fans pointed out they were just the latest in a series of misjudged buys.

Had a lot of charisma which the fans lapped up, until they decided he was all codpiece and no junk.

Do we really need to go through all this 'he's worse than Hitler' BS every time he mentioned? Move on, get on with your life and lose all this negative energy you have going on about Carlos, after all you don't want to use up all your negativity when our current Manager potentially has a downturn in results just around the corner (failing that tonight might see some misplaced passes you can get all het up about).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

We have had far worse managers over last 50 years 

We have also had far better

Not even close to

Charlton

Wilkinson

Atkinson

And clearly our next manager should have a surname ending in on

Even Danny Wilson was a legend in the end though for much funnier reasons

I hated him from day one. Had to bite my tongue until Wembley then realised I was right all along. 

His contribution to the financial hole we are in is significant. 

Unfortunately turned out to be the wrong manager for our new situation. Wrong signings, poor fitness regimes and injury care and stubbornness to change the formation.  Nice guy and passionate, but it feels like we wasted our opportunity to get promotion. Now Jos is having to do his best with the financial constraints/consequences, and is doing a great job.

59 minutes ago, AndersonOWL said:

Im not listening to a man who believed butterfield was the answer

that was the final signing of the clown who swapped with winnall , all the derby supporters on there forum were rolling over laughing ,did the clown ever watch butterfield? . all carlos signings every one of them inc loans who were signed on big wages but hardly/never played were shocking ,the only player who he signed who was a good signing was reach and he will be going in January to partly pay this huge debt/way over ffp ,we have over 10 million pounds worth of wages who wont or will hardly play for us again . I regard him as our worst manager in our modern history ,we would have gone down last season if he stayed . you cant compare the Irvine`s jewells wilsons all poor managers but if you gave them a 100 million loot over 3 years inc wages who`s to say they wouldn't have done better? 

• Like 1

He’s always been an impact manager at an underdog for a brief period and he’s very good at it. That’s why I thought Brentford for the rest of the season would’ve been ideal for him. 

But three seasons here was unchartered territory for him and basically relying on the same plan and same players as he would for one season over three didn’t work out so well. I also understand that a fair few first team players were a bit bemused by him after a while. But let’s remember, had he got us up on the two occasions he would he rightfully revered and no doubt have the key to the city. Other managers are remembered fondly for doing less but our failure to capitalise still hurts and he takes the brunt of it.

Im glad we appear to be looking at a more sustained approach to challenging now.

As for him, there was a time when his self assured, jet setter talk about the game was well and truly being backed up. But after narrowly failing with good resources here and failing at Swansea I think it is now taken with a pinch of salt. He’s in the same bracket as others like Poyet who have done similarly.

That first season was brilliant "Were Sheffield Wednesday were on our way back!" and i really believed it. 

Great football, great goals and for the first time in years there was a real buzz about us as a club. 

Brighton at home in playoffs will live long in the memory and the atmosphere at Wembley. Incredible! 

Sadly it wasn't to be and Carlos has to take flak for c**king up the following seasons playoff campaign. I still don't understand the tactical decisions made against Huddersfield at home. 

For me Carlos is a bottler. Great that first season until we had something to lose (the final) did the same v Huddersfield and great at Swansea when they were dead and buried once he had them in a position to survive he bottled it again and the wheels came off. 

Don't dislike the man. Couldn't care less what his next move is. Weirdly i did enjoy it when it fell to pieces at Swansea.  

Poor mans mourinho. Great first season, average second, dire third in which he implodes has a total breakdown and abuses and blames everyone else. While he is a victim who can do no wrong. 

Sound familiar?

• Haha 2

Biggest thing that sticks in my mind when thing were going off the rails during his last couple of months was the game v Hull at home where he claimed we should have had a pen for handball. Replay showed clearly he was wrong and hit the defenders chest but he still claimed it was handball. Was cringeworthy.

Also the £20 thing in the Press conference, was ridiculous.

11 hours ago, SiJ said:

First season was great.

Second season was meh though points wise we did better...

Third season was crap. 

Main takeaway from his time here is he can't handle pressure in the key moments. When the expectation was relatively low, we played some great football and emerged as the outside bet for promotion. 

Next season the expectation went up and we changed into a attritional side who grinder out victories...though bizarrely recruited players to play the brand of football we'd adopted in the first season.

The third season was a disaster, capped off by him getting relieved of his duties when he had a new job lined up.

Sums it up perfectly.

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

I hated him from day one. Had to bite my tongue until Wembley then realised I was right all along. 

Bo11ocks.

You *hated* him from day one?

How could you possibly hate someone you'd never heard of?

Was he a Jeremy Corbyn supporter?

Or did his foreign accent grate? 

This is not me challenging your right to *hate* him or think he's a crap manager, but the idea you knew from day one is utter gonads. 

You walked up Wembley way with nothing but hate for the man?

Oh f00k off. 

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

Classic Owlstalk quote right there.

Get it pinned and put up on the homepage.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, steelowl said:

charisma  that and he doesnt give one sentence answers- which makes life easier for his lazier interviewers 

I personally dislike him and have done from moment I set eyes on him reminds me of greasy guy selling dodgy watches. So charisma only for those who are easily taken in.

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Like a bloody playground.

"I hated him first" :duntmatter:

It's ludicrous ain't it.

I bet he looked a right prat sat in silence whilst we were all signing Carlos' name during the Arsenal/Brighton play off games/Wembley etc.

We really do have some idiots amongst us. So does every club though, I guess.

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

You weren't right all along.

He was doing a great job for the much of his time here and had us within touching distance of a return to the Premier League.

Things went south pretty quickly during his third season, and some of the signings he was allowed to make were seriously misguided, but he was a breath of fresh air when he first arrived and got us to Wembley.

What did he do to make you hate him on the day that he arrived at our club?