Carlos on BBC Radio 5 live , Thursday 18 Oct at 2100

1 hour ago, Carbone said:

Such a silly thing to say. I imagine you’re one of those who thinks your nan would win La Liga with Real too.

It was a group of new players and rarely do teams just go up straight away when they are a new team. Wolves took 3 years and built every year, we stopped building after year 1. The only improvement on that 11 from Wembley is Adam Reach, and that’s due to our chairman.

Ironic that you mention people have bought an opinion when you’re using the easy lazy view that he caused all our problems, which I’m sorry is a dumb naive view. I notice how you failed to mention he got us into the play offs again the year after and we were a spot kick away from Wembley, with a depleted squad missing many key players. The continuing injury problems at the club would suggest you can’t blame it all on Carlos, sorry to disappoint you.

we didn't stop building after year one, we built a massive stack of highly paid unused players, two play-offs and no promotion = sod all achieved, and there should have been no spot kicks had we attacked them, but then that's a second bottling from him in two years.

snake oil salesman, smoke and mirrors man, con man, who still has some fooled.

his pisspoor employment record speaks for itself. SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY'S best opportunity for 30 years (and maybe more) pi$$ed up against the wall, thanx for the memories coco.

• Like 1

With hindsight he should’ve gone after the way he bottled things at Wembley.

The following season was just awful to watch, my mind was made up after we just scrapped that fortunate win at home to arguably the worst side to ever play at this level in Rotherham.

I was in agreeement with Andy Hinchcliffe, the side Carlos had should’ve been good enough to challenge for the top 2 and I firmly believe our 2 top 6 finishes had more to do With Chansiri’s cash than Carlos.

I think the point of no return for a lot of fans however was the complete and utter humiliation Carlos over saw at the hands of the pigs last season, unforgivable!!

4 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Can you find me anyone saying we were going to get top 6 or promoted before that first season? What were your expectations at the start of it?

From what I remember, nearly all our fans said they’d settle for mid table and maybe a play off push at best. We ended up getting to Wembley. Expectations were exceeded and we overachieved to get where we did in his first season.

What was so special? Playoffs, 2 seasons in a row. Wouldn’t we all take that again??

I’m talking about Carlos in general

What qualities does he have that got us into the top six,that other managers don’t? 

We had a big summer in 2015 with the recent influx in cash from DC. Dunno about you but I was expecting us to challenge at the top end 

35 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Megson...

Now you've done it. The people trapped in 2012 will be along in no time to set you straight. 

I was right about him as well 

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

we didn't stop building after year one, we built a massive stack of highly paid unused players, two play-offs and no promotion = sod all achieved, and there should have been no spot kicks had we attacked them, but then that's a second bottling from him in two years.

his pisspoor employment record speaks for itself. SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY'S best opportunity for 30 years (and maybe more) pi$$ed up against the wall, thanx for the memories coco.

My issue is really that. A best opportunity to build foundations, DC saying the right things when he first came in, then for whatever reason either the lure of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, malignant influences afoot, with one objective to cream as much money out of a naïve owner - when it came to football

I was fed up of the boom and bust. 

and that is what we ultimately got

Carlos had a dream 

To build a football team

What a crock of poo that was 

when you stick to your guns and cant move tactically, you will always be a short term manager.

CC did good in year 1. cant really complain. 

in year 2 we finished 4th but i thought we under achieved and quite a few manages (inc jos) would have had us pushing top 2. 

year 3 meh. 

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Biggest thing that sticks in my mind when thing were going off the rails during his last couple of months was the game v Hull at home where he claimed we should have had a pen for handball. Replay showed clearly he was wrong and hit the defenders chest but he still claimed it was handball. Was cringeworthy.

Also the £20 thing in the Press conference, was ridiculous.

he even admitted last night on five live that he pre planned that with the £20 ,how sad, I can understand things in the heat of the moment but not pre planned. 

• Haha 1

Wow, the revisionism on here is ridiculous. No one posted against Carlos until after Huddersfield.

OK, mega mistakes but he was only Head Coach , not manager, and having your boss blow £14 million on Rhodes who you don't want / need - on advice of a 10 year old and most others on here - can't be easy (as Jos finding with Westy woes).

Carlos was was very interesting on modern tactics but let's hope tonight on Sky he gives fresh insights into time with us.

Gotta say, Doyen doing a good job for him as radio panel swallowed line that Swansea didn't sack him.

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Aye thats what to do 

Show no class what so ever 

Because Carlos is lots of things but w anker isn't one of them its football for chrissakes 

No. He's definitely awanker. 

Left this club in a right state, and we will be for some time to come because of him. That's why he's still talked about.

He's got no shame coming back here as a pundit, he's no right to comment on us and shouldn't be allowed in the ground.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

Wow, the revisionism on here is ridiculous. No one posted against Carlos until after Huddersfield.

OK, mega mistakes but he was only Head Coach , not manager, and having your boss blow £14 million on Rhodes who you don't want / need - on advice of a 10 year old and most others on here - can't be easy (as Jos finding with Westy woes).

Carlos was was very interesting on modern tactics but let's hope tonight on Sky he gives fresh insights into time with us.

Gotta say, Doyen doing a good job for him as radio panel swallowed line that Swansea didn't sack him.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

That's a lie.

There were plenty of people being vocal just before he somehow got us to go on a little run at the end of the season.

EDIT: like this topic

Edited by Matt_1

6 hours ago, dnhc said:

You’re the one who’s fooled if you think we built just because we brought in Abdi/Jones etc. Just because we added players doesn’t mean we built on year 1.

Also do you think our tactics against Huddersfield had anything to do with the amount of players we had injured?