Is the transfer embargo back on?

22 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

What would you say his value is, if transfered?

I would guess there a more than a few clubs would offer him 6k per week. A no brainer, a good young prospect for next to nowt in the mad mad football world

Offer him 5k a week with increases based on future appearances, goals scored international appearances. Then again heard on the radio that some premier league players get bonuses for assists completed passes. One Man City player gets 75k per assist. So who knows what they might come up with.

28 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

What would you say his value is, if transfered?

I would guess there a more than a few clubs would offer him 6k per week. A no brainer, a good young prospect for next to nowt in the mad mad football world

Not got a clue what his transfer value would be.

Saw people on here yesterday saying Adam Reach could command £15m.

No wonder many people are saying they feel less and less connected to footballers.

Worlds gone mad!!!! 

15 minutes ago, torres said:

Are you his agent???

Best left back in the league??

500% pay rise???

Give Over!!

Has Looked like one of the best at going forward is actually what I said. and let's says he is only on 1k a week which he could well be. he easily gets a 500% pay rise.

Think you maybe surprised at the contract we may offer to tie down Penney.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Has Looked like one of the best at going forward is actually what I said. and let's says he is only on 1k a week which he could well be. he easily gets a 500% pay rise.

Think you maybe surprised at the contract we may offer to tie down Penney.

If we offer him anything near the figures you've suggested then the club is even thicker than i thought 

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Not a disgrace at all.

Well run clubs use their playing assets wisely.

That means developing players and selling on at a profit to improve the squad.

Lack of activity in this area has led to the current P & S problems.

Doesn't help when these young players go for next to nothing.
i.e. Hirst and Clare

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

We’ve done enough to get it lifted. I can’t see the league would have lifted it based on a promise we would sell someone in January. That’s really not how it works. But if you want to keep wetting the bed until January carry on. 

At last some sense on the matter. 

36 minutes ago, torres said:

If we offer him anything near the figures you've suggested then the club is even thicker than i thought 

500% payrise only takes him between £5000 - £10000 I recon which is fůčk all nowadays and well worth it compared to some of the wages banded about on here for old has beens

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Selling Reach is not an answer.. It's a problem.

I didn't think I would ever say it but.....sell Rhodes .

I know he will be nowhere near the value of Reach but his wages will be far more.

Selling our best players should not be an option. We have 3 of the best players in the championship in Bannan, Forestieri and Reach.

They are irreplaceable without spending millions and that wouldn't be possible. Penny and Thorniley are two of the best prospects for years but it will take another 2 or 3 years for them to get to their best. 

Hopefully DC will sort out the figures and we can keep our best players for a big push next season if we don't make the playoffs. 

I think we will scrape 6th place this season as the old get fitter and the new get better.

Not a chance we'll finish 6th!

I predict we will finish around where we are now , there's a lot of strong teams in this league who have all improved from 2 seasons ago apart from a few , we have stagnated unfortunately due to mismanagement from Carlos and Chansiri.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

There's a lot of idle speculation.

We have to sell the entire team in January and so on. If things were that bad, then I doubt the original embargo is lifted tbh.

Not so long ago, the very notion of us getting the embargo lifted was dismissed and yet it happened. 

The whole profit and sustainability thing seems to be very ad hoc with lots of speculation and scaremongering. Weren't Birmingham in line for a 12 point deduction a few weeks back? That's gone awfully quiet. 

We obviously need to make some saving somewhere for next season - the wages of the likes of Jones, Abdi, Westwood and maybe Hooper and Lee in this respect won't be insignificant savings.

There has been plenty of rumour and discussion about how bad our finances are but if they were as bad as the worst-case scenario makes out then surely Bannan and Joao would not have signed new contracts? Both players would not have been short of good offers had they chosen to let their contracts run down and why wouldn't they do so if the club they are currently had are in a position where they will have to sell on the other good players that they have? It's not as if the players or their agents will have been oblivious to all the talk.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

We aren’t exactly a selling club are we , we have a bob or 2 or had , it’s how we have used it that’s the disgrace . So you see selling Fessi , Reach or Bannon as improving our squad ? 

Won’t improve the squad now because the club will have to sell one of them to avoid a further embargo.

Club should have sold a couple from our overloaded striking department plus young Hirst over the last two seasons.

If this was done when the time was right there would have been no embargo. 

7 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Chansiri has already stated if we don’t get promoted this year, we’re in the brown stuff

The EFL lifted the embargo long enough for us to resign Bannan and bring in 2 loanees

Is that it for now, no more business allowed? 

Does our situation rely on us bringing in a big fee in January, and then the EFL will look at our situation again before we can conduct any more business

We haven’t yet offered Matt Penny a new contract, this tells me we’re not allowed to at the moment, what other reason could there be?

Thoughts?

The future's brown

The future's Wednesday  :CEO:

On 05/10/2018 at 10:40, torryowl said:

he certainly is ….its the when fit that's the problem …….for him to get a new deal he needs to be back sharpish get into the team stay fit  and score a lot of goals .he's only got 8 months to do all that which is a big ask for someone who's not coming back anytime soon . 

Matias has proved he is worth keeping

I'd be worried if the players that are out of contract at end of season were first teamers. 

Other than Palmer, a fully fit Lee and Hooper the rest can go which would clear around 7m off the wage bill (assuming Rhodes is also off the books).

The picture in this case looks a lot more healthy. 

On 05/10/2018 at 09:27, pazowl55 said:

Would imagine the stumbling block with Penney maybe the wages.

Him and his agent may feel his recent performances warrant him being in the 15-20 grand bracket wages wise. But do we and can we afford to offer him that contact at the moment considering he is probably only on about 2 or 3 grand at the moment if that.

Never in a million years will we offer him £15k to £20k per week yet. He'll be looking at £10k tops. 

If the stumbling block is that his reps think he's potentially deserving of more than that then surely a deal can be done where there's some.sort of clause that says if a bid comes in of e.g. £2m he can go unless we agree to up his wages. Whether this is open to foul play or not I'm not sure.

6 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I'd be worried if the players that are out of contract at end of season were first teamers. 

Other than Palmer, a fully fit Lee and Hooper the rest can go which would clear around 7m off the wage bill (assuming Rhodes is also off the books).

The picture in this case looks a lot more healthy. 

Rhodes doesn't appear to be doing a great deal to convince Norwich he's worth a fee dioes he? I know he.scored a hattrick against the Dog and Duck, but not a lot else.

On 05/10/2018 at 09:03, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Chansiri has already stated if we don’t get promoted this year, we’re in the brown stuff

The EFL lifted the embargo long enough for us to resign Bannan and bring in 2 loanees

Is that it for now, no more business allowed? 

Does our situation rely on us bringing in a big fee in January, and then the EFL will look at our situation again before we can conduct any more business

We haven’t yet offered Matt Penny a new contract, this tells me we’re not allowed to at the moment, what other reason could there be?

Thoughts?

:ph34r: No one really knows....  :ph34r: