Is the transfer embargo back on?

Chansiri has already stated if we don’t get promoted this year, we’re in the brown stuff

The EFL lifted the embargo long enough for us to resign Bannan and bring in 2 loanees

Is that it for now, no more business allowed? 

Does our situation rely on us bringing in a big fee in January, and then the EFL will look at our situation again before we can conduct any more business

We haven’t yet offered Matt Penny a new contract, this tells me we’re not allowed to at the moment, what other reason could there be?

Thoughts?

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I think Jos is right. Contract negotiations are a distraction and you want Penney to be focused solely on the matches he has to play. 

The international break is a time when it can be done.

I don't know about embargo. If we don't sign Penney during the international break it will be suspicious.

As for January, most likely it will need outbound before inbound

I believe the general consensus is that we need to somehow raise about 15 million this season to alleviate FFP. As the high earners are unlikely to leave until next summer this in reality means one or two sales of our best players in January. I suspect that if Reach continues with his form, his sale may be the answer to our problems in the short term.

Would imagine the stumbling block with Penney maybe the wages.

Him and his agent may feel his recent performances warrant him being in the 15-20 grand bracket wages wise. But do we and can we afford to offer him that contact at the moment considering he is probably only on about 2 or 3 grand at the moment if that.

If we get rid of most of the high earners this summer that are not playing and out of contract

Abdi

Westwood

Jones

Hooper

Etc

Hopefully get rid of Rhodes for a fee.

Then if we are still in a mess then so must half of the league!!!

If we have to sell one or more of our top players to remain within the limits of FFP well then it’s a disgrace and mismanagement  at its worst . It won’t happen , will it ? . We have so many players who are on big wages , so it’s rumoured ,who have missed vast amounts of games but we can’t use these to ease the financial strain , take Westwood for instance what exactly is going on there !!! . 

10 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

If we have to sell one or more of our top players to remain within the limits of FFP well then it’s a disgrace and mismanagement  at its worst . It won’t happen , will it ? . We have so many players who are on big wages , so it’s rumoured ,who have missed vast amounts of games but we can’t use these to ease the financial strain , take Westwood for instance what exactly is going on there !!! . 

Not a disgrace at all.

Well run clubs use their playing assets wisely.

That means developing players and selling on at a profit to improve the squad.

Lack of activity in this area has led to the current P & S problems.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Anyone any idea when the following contract run out

Westwood

Jones

Abdi

Pudil will be out 2019

also if we can get rid of Rhodes then we will have saved a large amount on wages

Not £15m but a good start

Westwood, Jones & Abdi all out of contract in the summer.

As are (I think) Palmer, Lee, Boyd, Hooper & Matias.

We’ve done enough to get it lifted. I can’t see the league would have lifted it based on a promise we would sell someone in January. That’s really not how it works. But if you want to keep wetting the bed until January carry on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Westwood, Jones & Abdi all out of contract in the summer.

As are (I think) Palmer, Lee, Boyd, Hooper & Matias.

Wouldn't be surprised if all of those are released as Jos continues to reduce the squad age. 

Got to be in excess of £150k per week there in those 8, not far off £10m in savings straight away I suspect.

FFP isn't the easiest thing to understand.

Even player sales might not offset the losses as they may count towards next season? It's all a little bit confusing.

I would expect Westwood to go in January and maybe we can terminate a contract or 2 if it helps. I dunno but it's clear we need to move some on. if that could be in Jan rather than the summer that would be for the best. 

I reckon the PL teams might be having undue influence on the EFL.

Heard a rumour that Leicester City’s chairman has put forward a suggestion that we should sell Bannan and Reach in January. They might help us out if we can’t find a buyer.

16 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Not a disgrace at all.

Well run clubs use their playing assets wisely.

That means developing players and selling on at a profit to improve the squad.

Lack of activity in this area has led to the current P & S problems.

the clubs been totally mismanaged there can be no doubt about that …...we developed two young players who could have fetched in good money  one for  nowt and another  for a pittance and theres every chance that penney will be going  the same way …... the contracts we give to aging players make it nigh on impossible to shift them out …I think disgraceful isn't far of the mark .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest Maxine
51 minutes ago, torres said:

If we get rid of most of the high earners this summer that are not playing and out of contract

Abdi

Westwood

Jones

Hooper

Etc

Hopefully get rid of Rhodes for a fee.

Then if we are still in a mess then so must half of the league!!!

I really think we need to hang onto Hooper. 

8 minutes ago, Plonk said:

We’ve done enough to get it lifted. I can’t see the league would have lifted it based on a promise we would sell someone in January. That’s really not how it works. But if you want to keep wetting the bed until January carry on. 

I've no idea how it works but from what I read it seems the embargo was lifted because the club put forward a  financial plan to keep onside  that would be acceptable to the powers that be …….ii'd doubt sending Rhodes out on loan will get the job done so it's a quite feasible that we could be having a fire sale come January