Carlos Carvalhal says he's back on the market

1 minute ago, zakswfc said:

Interesting

Firstly - I couldn't give a throw where eachthread goes.

However, 

I have seen more relevant threads shifted to non swfc etc.

One rule for one etc, it would seem. 

We are going to carry on discussing you Carlos.

Get over it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I find the Carlis hatred on here weird.

Have a look at our balance sheet, the players out, the fact that the youngsters like Penney, Thorniley, Dawson all being told the door was closed to them playing for the first team etc

It's really not that difficult to grasp this one once you look past his salesman techniques of selling his own hype to you

Owlstalk Shop

He’s got something but it does tend to wear off. I think the pros and cons have been done to death and comparisons with megson or gray are pointless as neither of them had money to spend on that scale.

He is a self promoter but I think he genuinely believes what he says. Which was worrying from our POV as he thought everything would be ok last season whilst we were nosediving. We would’ve got relegated or been very close without a change I think.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I find the Carlis hatred on here weird. We were ONE game away from going up in a season where we played the best football I’ve seen since the mid 90’s and in a season where some pundits predicted us for the drop. Yes, it went south after that but I will never hate him for that season that he gave us.

Weird really as Megson is treated like a god in here, yet that was in a lower division and he didn’t get us promoted either.

unfortunately for carlos that 1st season did for him , I think some thought that it would be a walk in the park to the premier league and a few even got carried away with talk of European trips to follow .when they found out it wernt going to be so he was the prime target for there disappointment …...

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

5ae4a124ca2a8_CarlosCarvalhalSheffieldWednesdayFootballClub.jpg.bb01691295c8c847978e229b1a9a316b.jpg

Says he's back on the market looking for work

Loves working in England and says only something unusual will take him away from England

Says he's not a rich person but has recently turned down a megabucks offers from Saudi Arabia, China, Russia

Says he has projects in his head and wants to show what he can do

Says he proved with Swansea what he can do but has unfinished business

Not a rich person ? Hardly on the breadline on 17 grand a week are you .

43 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

It’s a bit like those fat ugly lasses that announce they’re newly single on Facebook for the hundredth time. 

You laugh, think I’m glad I’d never go there.

Deep down though, when you’re pis*ed or having a bad time you worry that you’d be tempted to chuck one up her. 

10 pint-er

• Haha 1

He's got something at the start because the 1st teamers like his charm, easy training sessions, do what you want kind of attitude, relaxed vibe.

When things start to go wrong he doesnt know how to change it up, his players are unfit, the squad players disillusioned, he gets tunnel vision and can't do anything but blame people.

One trick pony and trap.

The only clubs that should use him are those looking like getting relegated at Easter on a caretaker basis til end of season. Might get an instant reaction and keep them up but don't keep him past the summer.

Either that or get him in to lift the mood and tell a few clever jokes but leave the managing, fitness and coaching to someone who's not a clown.

Edited by Mystic Neg

51 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

It’s a bit like those fat ugly lasses that announce they’re newly single on Facebook for the hundredth time. 

You laugh, think I’m glad I’d never go there.

Deep down though, when you’re pis*ed or having a bad time you worry that you’d be tempted to chuck one up her. 

Dear me !! Haha 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

5ae4a124ca2a8_CarlosCarvalhalSheffieldWednesdayFootballClub.jpg.bb01691295c8c847978e229b1a9a316b.jpg

Says he's back on the market looking for work

Loves working in England and says only something unusual will take him away from England

Says he's not a rich person but has recently turned down a megabucks offers from Saudi Arabia, China, Russia

Says he has projects in his head and wants to show what he can do

Says he proved with Swansea what he can do but has unfinished business

Who the fizz does he think he is nicking the ginger messiahs lyrics.

Shame on you Carlos.

3 minutes ago, robswfc said:

He proved with us he's a good manager at championship level and I'm sure will have plenty of suitors

What he did here was no different to how Trevor Francis did by inheriting an unbeatable Ron Atkinson side and slowly but surely losing his grip on it through lack of management skill

It would be like giving you the current manchester city squad and letting you get on with it

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Almat said:

I'll give him a helping hand with his CV. 

Teams managed
1998–1999 Espinho
1999–2000 Freamunde
2000 Vizela
2000–2001 Aves
2001–2002 Leixões
2003–2004 Vitória Setúbal
2004–2005 Belenenses
2006 Braga
2006 Beira-Mar
2007–2008 Vitória Setúbal
2008 Asteras Tripoli
2009 Marítimo
2009–2010 Sporting CP
2011–2012 Beşiktaş
2012 İstanbul BB
2015–2017 Sheffield Wednesday
2017–2018 Swansea City

Been around a bit lol

2 hours ago, Almat said:

I'll give him a helping hand with his CV. 

Teams managed
1998–1999 Espinho
1999–2000 Freamunde
2000 Vizela
2000–2001 Aves
2001–2002 Leixões
2003–2004 Vitória Setúbal
2004–2005 Belenenses
2006 Braga
2006 Beira-Mar
2007–2008 Vitória Setúbal
2008 Asteras Tripoli
2009 Marítimo
2009–2010 Sporting CP
2011–2012 Beşiktaş
2012 İstanbul BB
2015–2017 Sheffield Wednesday
2017–2018 Swansea City

So every other club other than Wednesday he’s not lasted more than a year. 

Makes you you wonder who at Wednesday looked at that CV and thought yep he’s the man to lead us to the premier league. All he can ever be is an impact man, nice likeable bloke and he’s done incredibly well for himself but he’s not a football manager for me.

:carlosswfc:

Just now, Sticky belly said:

So every other club other than Wednesday he’s not lasted more than a year. 

Makes you you wonder who at Wednesday looked at that CV and thought yep he’s the man to lead us to the premier league. All he can ever be is an impact man, nice likeable bloke and he’s done incredibly well for himself but he’s not a football manager for me.

:carlosswfc:

That's the truly scary bit isn't it? Chansiri, at the time, must have known how much he was going to invest into the playing side and he employs a journeyman loser to be in charge of it. Still makes me shake my head even now...

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What he did here was no different to how Trevor Francis did by inheriting an unbeatable Ron Atkinson side and slowly but surely losing his grip on it through lack of management skill

It would be like giving you the current manchester city squad and letting you get on with it

I think that's a bit unfair, he didn't inherit an 'unbeatable side'.

Also, it's not like he just turned up an said "Barry, pass to Gary, Gary score a goal". His did change the style of play quite dramatically in my opinion. 

Rightly or wrongly he had a particular way of playing, or dare I say - a philosophy!

But ultimately football is about the players on the pitch, and when most of them are injured, this does kinda limit your options as a manager.

As for not giving youth players a chance - he was obviously tasked with getting the club promoted in a very short time period, and a lot of money to do it. I don't think many managers in that situation would be blooding youngsters when the safe bet is to buy established Championship players. To return to the Manchester City analogy, that's not too dissimilar from Guardiola's approach - why gamble on a full back from the youth set up when I can spend £50m on Kyle Walker.

I think the time was right for him to go, but I hope he does well at his next club

• Like 1