Carlos Carvalhal says he's back on the market

5ae4a124ca2a8_CarlosCarvalhalSheffieldWednesdayFootballClub.jpg.bb01691295c8c847978e229b1a9a316b.jpg

Says he's back on the market looking for work

Loves working in England and says only something unusual will take him away from England

Says he's not a rich person but has recently turned down a megabucks offers from Saudi Arabia, China, Russia

Says he has projects in his head and wants to show what he can do

Says he proved with Swansea what he can do but has unfinished business

Owlstalk Shop

I'll give him a helping hand with his CV. 

Teams managed
1998–1999 Espinho
1999–2000 Freamunde
2000 Vizela
2000–2001 Aves
2001–2002 Leixões
2003–2004 Vitória Setúbal
2004–2005 Belenenses
2006 Braga
2006 Beira-Mar
2007–2008 Vitória Setúbal
2008 Asteras Tripoli
2009 Marítimo
2009–2010 Sporting CP
2011–2012 Beşiktaş
2012 İstanbul BB
2015–2017 Sheffield Wednesday
2017–2018 Swansea City
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Says he proved with Swansea what he can do but has unfinished business

So instead of taking over a team halfway through the season and leading them to relegation, he wants a whole campaign to achieve the same result?

What does he mean he proved what he can do? lol  

Made me laugh at Swansea. 

Did the old blame everyone but himself. Credit where it’s due. Had a fantastic start, but then blamed previous regime for not getting enough points before he took the job. Pretty sure they had about 4 games end of the season to get one win to stay up, or don’t lose to Southampton, but nope, ‘‘twas their fault.

Relegated by 3 points l. They got 3 points from the last 9 games!

4 points clear, with a game in hand. Whilst Southampton had 4 games left. 

Only prem sides I could imagine getting rid of managers in the next 5-6 games and giving him a job would be Cardiff and Huddersfield. That would also be very harsh on Warnock and Wagner.

Championship sides only someone like Norwich, Hull, Forest, Stoke if they continue to do below average or slump. 

Go abroad Carlos, you’re not very good and it appears slim pickings in England. 

5 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Is this the correct place for this thread? This ex-manager doesn't have anything to do with Sheffield Wednesday does he?

It's a Sheffield Wednesday forum 

We discuss Sheffield Wednesday players, managers and fans past and present

So YES
yes it is

If you don't want to read Carlos threads the clue is very very clearly in the title allowing you to make the decision not to read it

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I find the Carlis hatred on here weird. We were ONE game away from going up in a season where we played the best football I’ve seen since the mid 90’s and in a season where some pundits predicted us for the drop. Yes, it went south after that but I will never hate him for that season that he gave us.

Weird really as Megson is treated like a god in here, yet that was in a lower division and he didn’t get us promoted either.