Adam Reach

1 hour ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

Had a rare poor game today reach, he was brilliant Wednesday night never stops running, doesn’t often have a poor game so can’t be too harsh on him 

A poor game rare? I've lost count the amount of times I've come out of the ground and can't think of a single thing he's done!

He's lazy, a bottler, runs around aimlessly pointing at players, no end product! He was awful today!

He's wasted playing behind the striker, he never does anything positive in that position, Bannan and Pelupessy doing all the work in midfield!

How Matias was taken off and not Reach was a joke!

At least Matias worked hard today! 

Reach thinks he's Billy big b***acks!

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Teams are always going to try and close down Bannan which is why Reach needs to drop in and help the others in midfield rather than standing still pointing.

you don't think that if he spent the game stood still and pointing that jos would have hooked him …..he didn't have a good game but I never thought that he didn't work hard . 

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

A poor game rare? I've lost count the amount of times I've come out of the ground and can't think of a single thing he's done!

He's lazy, a bottler, runs around aimlessly pointing at players, no end product! He was awful today!

He's wasted playing behind the striker, he never does anything positive in that position, Bannan and Pelupessy doing all the work in midfield!

Simply by calling Reach lazy you have completely lost any argument on this. 

5 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I think you got the players names mixed up. May be you need to visit specsavers. I don't agree with any of this post. Mostly i dislike the lazy comment. There is no point in listing off top of my head what he has done recently and in the past that has contributed to a goal or a victory for SWFC. The billy big balls is rubbish too. If it was true JL would put a stop to that straightaway.

He as ok today, just not quite as effective as he can be.

If we don’t have a really dominant CM it’s a tough day for him.

should he be left of the front 3? Think we’ll see a lot of chopping and changing this season till Jos finds the best combinations.

think he’ll play the Bannan role on Tuesday with B.B. rested and then Hutch or Fessi will come in for Reach next sat.

think our front 4 when all fit will be

Reach.        Hooper.         Fessi

Joao

Guest Willow Owl
13 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Had an ineffective game today .

I don’t like the position he played and don’t think it does him any favours.

I like the 433 system and he is being asked to play the furthest forward of the midfield 3. For some reason he is obviously given the job of marking their defensive midfield player .

From a system perspective it’s rubbish. Our player in that position should be creating problems for the opposition not worrying about their defensive midfielder.

From a Reach perspective it just doesn’t suit his strengths.

He needs to be getting the ball deeper and running with it not receiving it with his back to goal , standing still. Often today he was the furthest forward of our players when Ipswich had the ball.

He was completely ineffective and it gave us problems all day because we just never picked the loose balls up in midfield .

The roll he's playing needs a mobile centre forward and we played one (Nuhiu) who couldn't turn on a car park. Fletchers movement is tremendous which allows Reach to pick up them pockets of space and drive forward. He was sometimes our furthest forward agreed, thats because our striker was in our half most of the time. Just shows how one poor player can affect the flow of the game and other players performances. Nuhiu Should have been off at half time. 

12 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Very harsh on Reach. You can't think of a single thing he's done? Here are two from the last ten days: he scored at Sunderland and crossed for Bannan's blistering goal against Millwall following a good attacking run.  Admittedly, he wasn't at his best yesterday, but he's quality and it's a shame wednesdayites hammer our players following a slight blip in someone's game. 

Come on! Let's get behind the lads. We are all in this together.

Reach is a (very expensive) left winger being forced to play centrally because our new system doesn't use wingers. He's got a good engine on him but doesn't have the assets needed to play at CM . Unfortunately for him even when we play a 433 where he could do a job on the left side, we've also got FF and Matias who naturally play that role. 

That said, I do think we miss his energy when he doesn't play, e.g. Brentford  

Just shows how threads get derailed on here.

In the opening post my comments were about the position Reach was asked to play and the job he was asked to.

My thoughts were that it was not a role we should be doing , why should we send somebody out to stand with their defensive midfielder , and that the job didn’t let him do what he is good at.ie run with the ball.

It’s turned into a slagging match about Reach , not the intention I had.

I don't think you can play Reach and FF in the same team to get the best out of them as our midfield doesn't offer the support if we play say 5-3-2 to accommodate them both. Both need to be wide left in a 4-4-2 and FF isn't suited to playing as a second striker in a front 2.

I don't think Reach is an effective left wing back, but if we were to play 5-3-2 (or a variation of this), we need a dominant midfield player to partner Bannan. Get this position sorted with a loanee over the next few days and this could unlock our formation for the better. Pelupessy's lack of presence, bite and mobility holds the team back IMO and prevent us using our best players.

Lazy he is definitely not, if you class it on the amount of running he does. 

Unfortunately a LOT of his running is totally ineffective and in my opinion he knows it’s ineffective.

The downside to reach is that I don’t think he has the bravery/mentality to be the main man, which his ability and stature definitely give him the platform to be. 

He is a well built athlete but doesn’t have the aggression to exploit his attributes.

Yes, he closes people down, but never ever is he likely to win the ball or put a challenge in.

Compare that to Bannan, half his size and he wins more balls in one half than Reach has ever done. 

I fear he doesn’t have the bravery on the ball either, everything is at full pelt with him, it takes guts to put your foot on the ball and get your head up. Very rarely has he done this here.

He can do it all, I just think he needs some good management to take him on from a trier and a 100% effort man to be the main man in the team/possibly league 

16 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Had an ineffective game today .

I don’t like the position he played and don’t think it does him any favours.

I like the 433 system and he is being asked to play the furthest forward of the midfield 3. For some reason he is obviously given the job of marking their defensive midfield player .

From a system perspective it’s rubbish. Our player in that position should be creating problems for the opposition not worrying about their defensive midfielder.

From a Reach perspective it just doesn’t suit his strengths.

He needs to be getting the ball deeper and running with it not receiving it with his back to goal , standing still. Often today he was the furthest forward of our players when Ipswich had the ball.

He was completely ineffective and it gave us problems all day because we just never picked the loose balls up in midfield .

Spot on assessment !,