Adam Reach

Reach is much better out wide when he can run in behind their full backs with space to exploit, playing him centerally limits his movement, especially when he’s marking their DM with his back to goal. If nothing comes of this Piazon link I’d like to see a front 3 of reach joao and ff 

27 minutes ago, Tomswfc94 said:

Reach is much better out wide when he can run in behind their full backs with space to exploit, playing him centerally limits his movement, especially when he’s marking their DM with his back to goal. If nothing comes of this Piazon link I’d like to see a front 3 of reach joao and ff 

Reach is a real enigma He was OKish at wing back, ditto midfield and occasionally effective as an out and out winger With his ability, he should be contributing a lot more

52 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I'm not a stats man but would bet reach covers more ground in a match than any other of our players 

I think that is a fair comment. 

But we could just sign Mo Farrah for that - he needs to do a lot more than run about a lot for me. 

He ran all over the place yesterday but hardly had any affect at all on the game. This can be said far too often with him. 

13 minutes ago, torres said:

But we could just sign Mo Farrah for that - he needs to do a lot more than run about a lot for me. 

He ran all over the place yesterday but hardly had any affect at all on the game. This can be said far too often with him. 

This, he spent most of the time chasing, or running alongside players If we could find a way of harnessing that strong running

16 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

Ipswich really closed Bannan and Reach well, so neither has the space or time on the ball to be really effective.

Well surely that’s what separates the good players from the bad, the ones who are able to find that bit of space even when being closed down? 

I mean it was only Ipswich, probably one of the worst teams int his league 

We miss Reach when he's not in the team, no matter how much some people slag him off. 

He's a good player. 

Decent pace once he gets going and his delivery from the left-hand side is probably the best out of anyone, bar perhaps Bannan. 

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, torres said:

Wow, did he not get player of the season and have most assists? 

22 hours ago, torres said:

I’m not his biggest fan anyway but he was driving me mental today 

He runs for runnings sake, almost knowing he’s not going to get the ball but looks busy.

His lack of any aggression stands out a mile. It’s like he’s allergic to opposition players. 

He has been here long enough to be more  of a senior figure performance wise. Once every 5 games isn’t good enough.

He’s one of if not the most consistent player in the team in my opinion. His versatility can go against fans’ perception of him at times but that always seems to be the case with players who can play several positions. 

Edited by Owlin' Wolf

More assists last season than any player since Brunt in 2005-06. In a team on its knees.

And countless other goals which came from his delivery where an assist was not credited.

And countless more where the striker bungled his delivery.

Only 10 players created more chances than Reach in the whole of the Championship last season. Of those 10, only three had a better pass completion %. In a team on its knees.

All he does is run.

Seriously it's mental. Everytime he has an off game his performance is criticised more than any other player's would be (for a player who offers what he does to the team). Funny, Brunt got the same treatment.

1 hour ago, Offside_Owl said:

More assists last season than any player since Brunt in 2005-06. In a team on its knees.

And countless other goals which came from his delivery where an assist was not credited.

And countless more where the striker bungled his delivery.

Only 10 players created more chances than Reach in the whole of the Championship last season. Of those 10, only three had a better pass completion %. In a team on its knees.

All he does is run.

Seriously it's mental. Everytime he has an off game his performance is criticised more than any other player's would be (for a player who offers what he does to the team). Funny, Brunt got the same treatment.

Not really in the same class as Brunt, but he could, and should be more effective for us, given his talent

Guest Willow Owl
25 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not really in the same class as Brunt, but he could, and should be more effective for us, given his talent

Surely the stats offside posted prove his worth to the team. He certainly is one player we can rely on in majority of our matches. 

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 20:20, torres said:

I’m not his biggest fan anyway but he was driving me mental today 

He runs for runnings sake, almost knowing he’s not going to get the ball but looks busy.

His lack of any aggression stands out a mile. It’s like he’s allergic to opposition players. 

He has been here long enough to be more  of a senior figure performance wise. Once every 5 games isn’t good enough.

We are all entitled to our opinion. But really you cannot be serious.

16 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Surely the stats offside posted prove his worth to the team. He certainly is one player we can rely on in majority of our matches. 

But when you watch him, you feel he could do more. You can’t ignore the stats, but for us to be a successful team., we need to function as a unit. The challenge will be, finding a role for him, that fits the team profile

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

But when you watch him, you feel he could do more. You can’t ignore the stats, but for us to be a successful team., we need to function as a unit. The challenge will be, finding a role for him, that fits the team profile

Totally agree. Stats are an indication not the full picture 

I’m forever left frustrated by watching him, not because he’s rubbish but because he could do far more. 

Yesterday’s performance happens far to often. Ran his blood to water but had next to no influence on the match. 

More worrying for me is that he seems pretty unperturbed by the fact that he’s not on the ball or really involved. 

Guest Willow Owl
6 minutes ago, torres said:

Totally agree. Stats are an indication not the full picture 

I’m forever left frustrated by watching him, not because he’s rubbish but because he could do far more. 

Yesterday’s performance happens far to often. Ran his blood to water but had next to no influence on the match. 

More worrying for me is that he seems pretty unperturbed by the fact that he’s not on the ball or really involved. 

Maybe other players should step up to the mark rather than expecting Reach to do everything. You're bottom statement is way off the mark in my opinion. That award goes to Nuhiu who gave a classic performance of how not to be striker. 

Reach has been doing less of the headline stuff this season and a lot more of the nitty gritty hard work, that links up play and allows other players to look good.

It took a few years for a lot of fans to realise how much Kieren Lee was contributing and how badly we played when he was out. Maybe a few more assists and goals on top of the running, link up play etc and the rest will catch up.