Brentford 2 - 0 #SWFC - Official Matchday Thread

3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

We are a squad of individuals not a team playing for each other.

I don't think that's universally true for every player, but there are too many who just don't read each other at all.

Baffling given how much time they presumably spend on the same training pitch.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Got this on and "Super" Sunday on in the background. 

To think, if it was us instead of Brighton promoted, then it could be our players having to pose for those stupid Premier League profile pictures. 

Aye, we should count ourselves lucky facing Championship relegation battles and being brassic.

:Chansiri:

Some of the comments about that first half are savage. 

I've said for long enough my concern over Jos, DC, Nuihu and many other issues at the club, so i'm no happy clapper, but honestly that first half wasn't as bad as people are making out!

• Like 1

Not as bad as feared. Brentford are good team and we have made them work. Young players have done well to say have not played mant games. Some harsh criticism of some which is undeserved.

Only surprise is that Nuhiu seemed to gain a yard or so in pace last season and looks to have lost it again.

Matias has been a threat and following on from Sunderland where did ok. He missed best chance of match and only clear opportunity.

Penalty was a give away no danger and slight push which never used to get punished.

Come on something in this game for us.

Brentford look an excellent side and they'll do very well this season.

Excellent passing; quick and decisive. Fantastic movement too.

As for us, I honestly don't think we've been too bad.

Our passing just isn't as crisp as theirs and that's the main difference.

Still, we started to come more into the game towards the end of the half, and Matias really should've buried his chance.

We just have to keep our heads here and not get frustrated. We'll hopefully get another chance to level.

1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

Some of the comments about that first half are savage. 

I've said for long enough my concern over Jos, DC, Nuihu and many other issues at the club, so i'm no happy clapper, but honestly that first half wasn't as bad as people are making out!

Sadly a results based game

• Like 1

Another view of the game

Brentford were brilliant in spells and shaded the half, although Wednesday finished the stronger side.

The hosts put so much energy into the first 25 minutes and faded towards the end of the half.

Because of the way Brentford play, they leave themselves open. I'm sure Bees boss Dean Smith will be stressing patience.

It has been a positive advertisement for Championship football.

Seems a bit different to the game portrayed by most posters.

Just now, prowl said:

Another view of the game

Brentford were brilliant in spells and shaded the half, although Wednesday finished the stronger side.

The hosts put so much energy into the first 25 minutes and faded towards the end of the half.

Because of the way Brentford play, they leave themselves open. I'm sure Bees boss Dean Smith will be stressing patience.

Seems a bit different to the game portrayed by most posters.

It's a good summary actually, and pretty accurate.

Posted at 15:5115:51

'Positive advertisement for Championship'

HT: Brentford 1-0 Sheff Wed

5f6bb4c5-eb04-4c09-afc9-f41eb9bf1fbd.jpg

Paul Mortimer

Former Charlton player on BBC London 94.9

Article Reactions
  •  
    16 likes16
  •  
    Dislike
    1 dislike1
Article share tools