Brentford 2 - 0 #SWFC - Official Matchday Thread

Just now, Stevelknievel said:

Trying not to get on the get Jos out bandwagon, we are only 4 games in, but you can’t help thinking that someone else could do better with this team. 

I said at the start, I give it 10 games before the fans turn....they are gradually turning. 

HT

Bit of a disappointing half that.  We weren't playing as a cohesive unit and it was a sloppy penalty to give away.

We are still in the game as it stands.  Think we need to get Nando on the ball more often.  Take charge and take the game to them.

Hopefully second half will be much better.  

We can do this!

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Solid first half for me that

Disrupted their normal game and we played some good stuff in their half

I thought we was terrible to slow to defensive and how many times athde give ball away

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, canyoujust said:

For all the people arguing over who is right / wrong 

I ask a simple question , what exactly are our tactics. We don't press , play counter attack , physical football or possession. We are just a vanilla moribund team with zero bite as far as I see

Spot on.

I've absolutely no idea what we are trying to do. It just seems as though it a let's see what happens approach.

Guest Jack the Hat

I think we have been OK. We'd look much better with Nuhui off and fletcher on. He's lost the ball almost every time and broke down the attack and put us under pressure. Because I was fed up of him losing the ball I counted how many times he's lost the ball in a row and it was 12. And that's from when I started counting. 

9 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I think it's the faults we can see that are worrying... all it takes is a half decent team against us and we are always in trouble.

Stand by my claim it's not been irredeemably terrible today, but can't really argue with you there either.

• Like 1

Lackadaisical.

Little energy shown.

Badly need a captain's leadership.

Barely challenged penalty decision. Dawson shaky.

Nuhiu's control and passing?

Bannan with outstretched arms to bench asking what are they supposed to do?

Great move for Matthias chance but overall a half-hearted display against opponents who don't look as good as they were supposed to be. ......so far....

Dawson - little to do but one poor spill

Thorniley - struggling badly. Slow and not made a forward pass or run yet

Baker - so so

Pudil - decent. 

Lees -good on air but unusually shaken with the ball

Hutch - playing deep. Ok

Joey - better than some have said today. Worked well as Bannan’s foil. Put the odd decent tackle in

Bannan - best player on the pitch by miles. Last 15 he took control and set up some great forward moves

FF - plenty of the ball wide left. Couple of decent runs. Wasteful passes.

MM - not in the game but showed with one move how quickly he can get in behind their defence aided by Bannan’s brilliance.

Nuhiu - not sure what the decryers are watching. He has held it well on the ground and worked well with BB and FF. 

Not bad but need more crosses coming in second half. 

• Like 1