Brentford 2 - 0 #SWFC - Official Matchday Thread

6 minutes ago, keefdave said:

Apart from Bannan they look like they've never met each other before, never mind played together.

Teamwork and 'flow' is definitely our biggest problem, injuries disguised it last year to an extent but it was a problem then too. Definitely agree.

We have been as good as Brentford. Once again self inflicted goal against this time by Hutch pushing when there was precisely zero need. Right from the off there were a couple of dodgy passes that put our own defenders in trouble. However we have looked better than Brentford going forward and Mathias should have equalised.

It would be good if Baker would run forward with the ball, he tends to make the backwards pass which is safe but doesn't put Brentford under pressure. A bit more forward play second half should see us level it and.....

Just now, Mr. Tom said:

Teamwork and 'flow' is definitely our biggest problem, injuries disguised it last year to an extent but it was a problem then too. Definitely agree.

We are a squad of individuals not a team playing for each other.

6 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Our best forward Fessi out on the left wing......

Criminal tactics!!

Why?

When he plays in a front two he takes up the deep wide left position, leaving us playing 451.

Hes perfect in that role andvscores almost all of his goals from it.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Not seeing it. Away to a good team and we’re under constant pressure but we’re giving them stuff to think about when we attack. I’d have taken a draw before the game and we’re losing 0-1 to a penalty. We’ve improved last 15 with 2nd half looming.

Damn right, and well done for saying so.

According to BBC Live Text, "Brentford were brilliant in spells and shaded the half, although Wednesday finished the stronger side".

It's only a penalty that's separating us. Let's keep our heads. And please stop slating Cammy Dawson....... Was it really only a few months ago that we were gushing about what a great pair of young keepers we had and that Westwood shouldn't assume he could simply walk back into the side.

• Like 1

Just now, Bark1062 said:

Don’t be criticising Adthe  he scored a shed load of goals at end of last season you know!

On this evidence fletch twice the player

Got this on and "Super" Sunday on in the background. 

To think, if it was us instead of Brighton promoted, then it could be our players having to pose for those stupid Premier League profile pictures. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Why?

When he plays in a front two he takes up the deep wide left position, leaving us playing 451.

Hes perfect in that role andvscores almost all of his goals from it.

He needs to be upfront, not left wing....

4-4-2

Guest The Horse
2 minutes ago, sheffix said:

Lackadaisical.

Little energy shown.

Badly need a captain's leadership.

Barely challenged penalty decision. Dawson shaky.

Nuhiu's control and passing?

Bannan with outstretched arms to bench asking what are they supposed to do?

Great move for Matthias chance but overall a half-hearted display against opponents who don't look as good as they were supposed to be. ......so far....

I noticed that and thought it was quite telling.

Alarming in fact 

10 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

Trying not to get on the get Jos out bandwagon, we are only 4 games in, but you can’t help thinking that someone else could do better with this team. 

Prepared to give him 10 games to see where we are but sadly starting think the same.

..Instills no confidence whatsoever and feels the wrong man for the current task in hand. 

No players have come in, so no one to intergrate but we lack structure and cohesion or any real impetus. Still playing like strangers - it’s crazy. 

What has he been doing or saying to the team?  Doesn’t seem to know his best lineup or how to set the team up to play to it’s strengths.

Yes there are all sorts of problems off the pitch but we don’t look like taking any points on it where it really counts. 

I think if we are bottom 3 by November he’ll be gone.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Just now, SiJ said:

Got this on and "Super" Sunday on in the background. 

To think, if it was us instead of Brighton promoted, then it could be our players having to pose for those stupid Premier League profile pictures. 

They probably wouldn't bother doing it for one season...

35 minutes ago, Lombado said:

sound only tho. I'll stick with TS2

It's working fine for me. Good picture. There was some very quiet commentary but that has gone.

Watching this stream as my own ifollow account says it is locked and to contact customer services.

Edited by BathgateBob

Just now, Geosword said:

I noticed that and thought it was quite telling.

Alarming in fact 

Yes, I noticed this too. 

Tbf what are the tactics, exactly? 

A bit of hoofball for the first twenty and then we've tried to play it on the deck for the other twenty or so.