Sunderland FC - Vs - #SWFC (League Cup MDT)

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

No pace, creativity or drive with the ball. Not even a winger in the whole squad. We have full backs who can'tcarry the ball 10 yards. Its so weird. 

Why are we one of the only teams with no pace!? 

Hopefully a win will breed some confidence. We need the young lads to inject some energy I think. 

That left wingback spot is a concern for me...

Boyd and Fox just ain't going to cut it in that position imo. 

Perhaps Reach, but Jos seems to prefer him more centrally. 

Penney to step up? 

5 minutes ago, Ronio said:

FT 0-2

Good win that.  Don't think we played particularly brilliant over the course of the 90 mins but we did play some nice football in patches.  

Plenty of positives tonight.  First win of the season, clean sheet and some good debuts for some of our academy players.  Matias getting a goal and playing a full 90 mins is another plus.  

Also great news that we could be out of a transfer embargo in the next few days could give us a big lift, especially if it allows us to strengthen before the loan window shuts. 

Only downside for me tonight was Van Aken getting injured.  Hopefully he won't be out too long.

Have a nice evening all.

Onwards and upwards

UTO!!

5 minutes ago, Ronio said:

FT 0-2

Good win that.  Don't think we played particularly brilliant over the course of the 90 mins but we did play some nice football in patches.  

Plenty of positives tonight.  First win of the season, clean sheet and some good debuts for some of our academy players.  Matias getting a goal and playing a full 90 mins is another plus.  

Also great news that we could be out of a transfer embargo in the next few days could give us a big lift, especially if it allows us to strengthen before the loan window shuts. 

Only downside for me tonight was Van Aken getting injured.  Hopefully he won't be out too long.

Have a nice evening all.

Onwards and upwards

UTO!!

This ^^^^^^^

Bedwetters take note .

1 minute ago, chizumgeorge said:

To give him MOTM before Bannan is the most ludicrous thing ive ever seen on owlstalk!

Bannan looked ok, but he’s not playing in his first game, keeping a clean sheet, tackling, heading, caused big gap reach ran into, grew into game for me and right up there for MoTM. 

I expect more from Bannan, second half he wasn’t even best midfielder in team for me let alone best player but game of opinions as I’d said to the poster saying Neilson doesn’t look like a footballer. 

Guest Bulgaria
13 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

We needed the win. We got the win. i need a crap now.

Seeing as your in Florida, will it be a really humid one surrounded by mosquitos?

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That left wingback spot is a concern for me...

Boyd and Fox just ain't going to cut it in that position imo. 

Perhaps Reach, but Jos seems to prefer him more centrally. 

Penney to step up? 

Thought Penney looked ok but need to see more of him and also see more of him with back three as he replaced JvA and we went to a back 4 (I think). 

Certainly didn’t look out of place and I’d have him on bench. 

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Seeing as your in Florida, will it be a really humid one surrounded by mosquitos?

Air conditioned hotel room with a bathroom with a very efficient extractor fan, which is just as well.

It is reyt sweaty out though, you are correct. You can almost wring sweat out of your undercrackers.

Edited by theowlsman

Waddle is spot on with his analysis...

We are too slow at the start of games.

Tonight we got away with it to an extent (Sunderland are League One and lack a striker), but better sides will punish us. 

Start slowly against Brentford and we could be out of it. 

Thing is, when we get going we can create chances. Problem is the get going bit. 

Out in Corfu so this is the first time I've seen them this season on sky. Bit of a cagey first half but it was a good sighter for the young un's. Agree, Boyd looks like he's tethered by a large elastic band. Can see his legs going, but he gets nowhere then falls over. I'm hoping naively he gets back to something like his best at Burnley. Looked indecisive to me at times. I know it's in there, just wish we could see it. I think it was a respectable performance, whilst not the best. 

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Air conditioned hotel room with a bathroom with a very efficient extractor fan, which is just as well.

It is reyt sweaty out though, you are correct. You can almost wring sweat out of your undercrackers.

Look out ladies. Mr Moist is on the prowl.

• Haha 1

It's a Praise Bob, lol

Thank god. 

Good performance, deserved win, clean sheet, excellent stuff

A special mention for the chairman he's took a lot of stick (some deserved imo) over the last few weeks. 

But he was at a  minor mid week game a fair distance  from Sheffield so imo he deserves some praise for that. 

• Like 1