Sunderland FC - Vs - #SWFC (League Cup MDT)

4 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Thanks mate. I really think I should start giving the OMDT a miss.

I watched it on Sky and though it wasn’t great it just wasn’t as bad as the regular OMDT moaners were making out.

Like you, I’ve been watching them a long time and it’s been bloody painful at times but the constant singling out of individual players for abuse is doing my head in.

At the end of the day we won a total banana skin of a match and both you and I have seen them play appallingly and suffer embarrassing defeats in matches just like this.

I just think they need a bit of a cuddle instead of a kicking at the moment. Not a popular opinion I know but I’ll stick with it for now.

Get back to me when they get stuffed by Brentford.

Thanks for taking the time pal.

Guest Willow Owl
53 minutes ago, Martin said:

Sky give  Bannan MoM

Funny that, read back and there a few posters on here saying he's rubbish. Unbelievable. 

8 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Thanks mate. I really think I should start giving the OMDT a miss.

I watched it on Sky and though it wasn’t great it just wasn’t as bad as the regular OMDT moaners were making out.

Like you, I’ve been watching them a long time and it’s been bloody painful at times but the constant singling out of individual players for abuse is doing my head in.

At the end of the day we won a total banana skin of a match and both you and I have seen them play appallingly and suffer embarrassing defeats in matches just like this.

I just think they need a bit of a cuddle instead of a kicking at the moment. Not a popular opinion I know but I’ll stick with it for now.

Get back to me when they get stuffed by Brentford.

I went to the Gillingham FA Cup 5th round, away game, in 2000 when we lost 3-1.

We had Jonk,  Des Walker, Alexandersson, Hinchcliffe and Sibon in the side that day.

We got slaughtered.

And, Danny Wilson as manager.

Not the same context tonight - but we performed nowhere near as bad as that tonight. I was pleasantly surprised.

Criticise when needed - but tonight it wasn’t necessary or justified. 

Edited by ReadingOwl
  • Thanks 1

Winning any competitive game like that (away from home to a strong team who more then likely will go up this season) and playing a bunch of academy prospects plus getting minutes into the legs of important players returning from injury is a positive.

If you don't agree, you're either a WUM or a numpty 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Well done mate!

shame that cheeky monkey in front of you in the blue jacket took your moment in the spotlight though!!

Arr god bless her, i'd rather young un's get highlighted anyway but i am a big kid too.

Just got back. We got the job done and I'll hold my hands up a bit and say that Jos's team selection was pretty good tonight, and he gave other youngsters a fair chance in the second half. It wasn't spectacular but it was never really going to be away from home at a half-decent League One side. 

I thought Reach and Lees were very good, Nielsen did pretty well and Kirby was impressive second half. Sunderland looked toothless but will probably still have enough to get out of League One, especially with some of their injured players coming back. Negatives for us would be that Fletcher had a poor game, as did Boyd who really isn't a left wing back and I pray to God we don't use him there again.

33 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Just got back. We got the job done and I'll hold my hands up a bit and say that Jos's team selection was pretty good tonight, and he gave other youngsters a fair chance in the second half. It wasn't spectacular but it was never really going to be away from home at a half-decent League One side. 

I thought Reach and Lees were very good, Nielsen did pretty well and Kirby was impressive second half. Sunderland looked toothless but will probably still have enough to get out of League One, especially with some of their injured players coming back. Negatives for us would be that Fletcher had a poor game, as did Boyd who really isn't a left wing back and I pray to God we don't use him there again.

Watched on tv.

Jos put out a better team than i suspected.

Sunderland are going to continue to be toothless,don't see them threatening autos or playoffs.

Thought Fletcher had a decent game,the only thing missing (as on saturday) was a goal.

Boyd...............well,what can be said about him,he just looks uninterested,lackin any fight/spirit/ability/slow paced,really disappointed with him.

9 hours ago, debram said:

Well phil, thinkyour on your own if you think boyd did well

I negged your ‘well Boyd was poor’ as it was a reply to a post about how well two of the kids had done and a player putts by in his first 90mins in god knows how long. 

So someone takes time to add some positivity and cheer to this all to negative board but quoted them to let them know that a different player was poor, I assume to p1ss on their chips for some reason. 

I also assume they didn’t think Boyd was good or positive by fact they hadn’t picked him out for praise. I didn’t think Boyd was great either, but I’m not picking random posts of praise to reply with  ‘yea, and Boyd was crap!’

That in my opinion is a bit poo from one supporter to another. 

9 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Bannan looked ok, but he’s not playing in his first game, keeping a clean sheet, tackling, heading, caused big gap reach ran into, grew into game for me and right up there for MoTM. 

I expect more from Bannan, second half he wasn’t even best midfielder in team for me let alone best player but game of opinions as I’d said to the poster saying Neilson doesn’t look like a footballer. 

Was still motm by a country mile!