Sunderland FC - Vs - #SWFC (League Cup MDT)

Guest Grez Bez

Young lads did very well. Some naive decisions at times but very positive to see them play. 

V impressed with Penney Kirby and Nielsen. Hunt looked good but is tiny, obviously has a bit of class about him

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Really? My MoTM! 

Game of opinions but but for me that’s ludicrous! 

Strange isn’t it- looked like he’d got lead in his boots and thought he looked very uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

Edited by Owly Mowly

Well, it wasn't a great performance but hopefully a confidence-boosting result. 

We were a bit lifeless in the first half, but I thought we were much improved in the second. 

Thing is, despite not playing that well, we are creating chances. 

2 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Young lads did very well. Some naive decisions at times but very positive to see them play. 

V impressed with Penney Kirby and Nielsen. Hunt looked good but is tiny, obviously has a bit of class about him

Defo impressed with Kirby and Neilsen who are almost first team ready.

I think Hunt needs loaning out but not sure he would get a club yet. Maybe league 2.

Edited by Beholder

FT 0-2

Good win that.  Don't think we played particularly brilliant over the course of the 90 mins but we did play some nice football in patches.  

Plenty of positives tonight.  First win of the season, clean sheet and some good debuts for some of our academy players.  Matias getting a goal and playing a full 90 mins is another plus.  

Also great news that we could be out of a transfer embargo in the next few days could give us a big lift, especially if it allows us to strengthen before the loan window shuts. 

Only downside for me tonight was Van Aken getting injured.  Hopefully he won't be out too long.

Have a nice evening all.

Onwards and upwards

UTO!!

• Like 1

Just now, Owly Mowly said:

Strange isn’t it- looked like he’d got lead in his boots and thought he looked very uncomfortable with the hall at his feet.

Be interested to see his stats, I thought for a guy his size looked good on ball and other than one tired pass at end into touch did really well. 

JvA and this lad could be a force if they toughen up and learn basics. Both giants, fairly mobile, decent on ball. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

FT 0-2

Good win that.  Don't think we played particularly brilliant over the course of the 90 mins but we did play some nice football in patches.  

Plenty of positives tonight.  First win of the season, clean sheet and some good debuts for some of our academy players.  Matias getting a goal and playing a full 90 mins is another plus.  

Also great news that we could be out of a transfer embargo in the next few days could give us a big lift, especially if it allows us to strengthen before the loan window shuts. 

Only downside for me tonight was Van Aken getting injured.  Hopefully he won't be out too long.

Have a nice evening all.

Onwards and upwards

UTO!!

Exactly this.

Been some rayt moaning miserable sods on here tonight

• Haha 1