Sunderland FC - Vs - #SWFC (League Cup MDT)

Just now, upperwinngardensowl said:

Not sure if anyone else has said it but Mathias footwork for his goal was excellent.

very quick couple of touches and strike. 

He's clearly a good footballer, but you know full well he will break down again before he manages to string a few games together. 

A front three with him and Nando playing off one of Fletch, Adthe or Joao could be quite something. 

Won't happen though. 

1 minute ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Not sure if anyone else has said it but Mathias footwork for his goal was excellent.

He also made some fantastic runs tonight that never quite worked out for him or players couldn’t pick him out. Think he’s a great player and hope we get to see more of him this season. 

Comfortable in the end, if not convincing. Away trips to lower league opponents never easy.

Taking the positives, thought Nielson grew into the game and Kirby did well, looked comfortable when he came on, as did Penney bar a little bit of positional nieveness early on. 

Van Aken did better and a shame he had to go off.

More minutes for Fletcher and as a team looked fitter right to the end of the game.  

All in all a good night and a confidence boost ahead of an important week ahead.

• Like 1

I was a midfielder who ended up as a striker.

The more you play and train together as a team the sooner it clicks.

To be fair to the coach/team/ Matias..they haven't had this chance.

I'm pleased he's making the runs tho...if he can keep doing it and knocking a few in for the next 3 years I'd call him good value for money.

Best players for us tonight Bannan(2nd half) , Matias ( good shift put in tonight), young Nielson Impressed for a big lad and the other young uns did well enough.

On the downside Boyd ?

What does this man do to get a game , can't remember him playing well once for us yet, very disappointing indeed !

On the whole a much needed win and hopefully we take this into Sunday with lots of positivity .

10 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

And it was his pace that forced their defender to panic. Just shows the difference a bit of pace up top can make. He's a real threat Matias. It's a massive shame he can't seem to string a run of games together.

1 minute ago, Watto said:

Best players for us tonight Bannan(2nd half) , Matias ( good shift put in tonight), young Nielson Impressed for a big lad and the other young uns did well enough.

On the downside Boyd ?

What does this man do to get a game , can't remember him playing well once for us yet, very disappointing indeed !

On the whole a much needed win and hopefully we take this into Sunday with lots of positivity .

Seriously  lots of positivity?

In recent years we have lost to the likes of Cambridge, Rotherham and Scunthorpe in the is competition with few fewer kids in the side.

Sky put this game on as they fancied a potential upset. We are gong through a difficult spell at the moment and could easily have lost this feeling sorry for ourselves and compounded our problems. 

It wasn't great to watch but once we scored it was never really in doubt. I'll take that and move on rather than picking the bones out of it. Yes there were aspects that were far from great but the result is the important thing, for the confidence or at least the lack of confidence and clouds of doom that would have gathered greater had we lost. 

Just now, pressy said:

So whats the positives then 

We won 2-0. 

Bannan was excellent, Reach had a good game. 

We kept a clean sheet. 

A number of our younger players got a decent runout. 

Oh and it's pi55ing you off. 

Just now, SiJ said:

We won 2-0. 

Bannan was excellent, Reach had a good game. 

We kept a clean sheet. 

A number of our younger players got a decent runout. 

Oh and it's pi55ing you off. 

If Sunderland  had a striker we would be out of this competition 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I like your posts on the whole ibbo.

Instead of putting that post up..why don't you do one explaining what we're supposed to be happy about iyo?

Thanks mate. I really think I should start giving the OMDT a miss.

I watched it on Sky and though it wasn’t great it just wasn’t as bad as the regular OMDT moaners were making out.

Like you, I’ve been watching them a long time and it’s been bloody painful at times but the constant singling out of individual players for abuse is doing my head in.

At the end of the day we won a total banana skin of a match and both you and I have seen them play appallingly and suffer embarrassing defeats in matches just like this.

I just think they need a bit of a cuddle instead of a kicking at the moment. Not a popular opinion I know but I’ll stick with it for now.

Get back to me when they get stuffed by Brentford.

• Haha 1