Joey Pelupessy

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I could easily do his role. Run around, put in a few tackles and pass everything sideways or backwards. Truly staggering that he has made it as a Championship player. 

He hasn't made it yet?

Desperate signing by Luhakay 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Highest passing % of any Wednesday player (second highest on the pitch) and dispossessed once. 

Did he really give it away a lot? 

Clearly not my friend. I stand corrected. Thanks for doing the research and pointing this out. That's football fanning for you. Can you be highest passing % player and STILL give the ball away quite often? 

A mad man sees what a mad man sees.

UTO 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Highest passing % of any Wednesday player (second highest on the pitch) and dispossessed once. 

Did he really give it away a lot? 

Where do these stats come from?

All this computerised stuff might look great on paper but anyone watching the game could see he was far too often 2nd to the ball, rarely won it back in a 50/50 challenge and will not pass it forward or further than 10 yards maximum. He doesn't have any effect on the game in an attacking sense and doesn't do enough defensively. 

Maybe he doesn't give it away a lot but there are far too many times where you think he should get there first but doesn't, doesn't win enough tackles and even tactical fouls to stop attacks seem beyond him.

From what I’ve seen of him he is more similar to Jones than Semedo or Hutchinson. Doesn’t steam into tackles or drive up the pitch but sits in a pocket of the pitch and passes the ball to whoever is free. He does have the ability to strike a ball though we’ve seen that at Millwall. 

He’s the kind of player who gets credit in a good side and pelters in a poor one. 

Personally I think we need a tough tackler in there and have done for years. 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Awful awful player. The only signing that Jos (or someone else) signed since he became manager, not exactly encouraging if that is the type of player we will sign under Jos. 

I suspect the fact that an unconcious Spice addict collapsed on Devonshire green has more money to spend than us might be one of the deciding factors in the type of player Jos is allowed to recruit.

He has been re-named polystyrene by those around me. Never gets stuck in until its too late. Bit of a cardboard cut-out type guy. 

Not what I think a lot of us were hoping for.  Too often takes the easy option of the backwards pass and tends to give the ball away cheaply.

Other than that, he's fine.

lol

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Where do these stats come from?

All this computerised stuff might look great on paper but anyone watching the game could see he was far too often 2nd to the ball, rarely won it back in a 50/50 challenge and will not pass it forward or further than 10 yards maximum. He doesn't have any effect on the game in an attacking sense and doesn't do enough defensively. 

Maybe he doesn't give it away a lot but there are far too many times where you think he should get there first but doesn't, doesn't win enough tackles and even tactical fouls to stop attacks seem beyond him.

Then say that... not that he gives it away a lot lol 

Like I say... I didn't go, I can't possibly comment on his performance, but everything you've said is far more intellectually stimulating and seemingly far more aligned with reality than the statement "He gave the ball away a lot", which is just wrong. 

Guest LittleG

Fans around me were comparing him to Darren Potter; no forward passes just 5-10 yard sideways  / backward ones usually putting the receiving player in trouble. Don't get me started on Fox, how many times did he give the ball away! Absolute useless

10 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Was definitely the weak link today did absolutely nothing needs to improve and quick 

Joey will not improve. I’ve seen him loads live and I’ve not seen him have 1 good game. He’s very limited and he’s a league 1 player at best. 

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Then say that... not that he gives it away a lot lol 

Like I say... I didn't go, I can't possibly comment on his performance, but everything you've said is far more intellectually stimulating and seemingly far more aligned with reality than the statement "He gave the ball away a lot", which is just wrong. 

Fair enough. There was one towards the end of the game, bounced up around 10 yards in their half, must have been 70/30 in his favour to get to the ball first and keep us on the attack. He managed to somehow not shield it properly and allow Hull in first and broke our momentum - didn't count to any giving the ball away stats as he never had control of it but he really should have done. Things like that seem to happen too often in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

Hold on I have been castigated god knows how many times for saying this. I agree it’s true, but what’s changed everyone’s minds he’s played exactly the same today. 

I’ve been with you pal - played ok twice tops since he’s been here 

Not good enough by a long way 

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

If we are happy with Baker and Thorniley, would anyone consider going 4-3-3 and play Baker, Lees, Pudil and Thorniley in a back 4 and play Hutch in defensive midfield. Just a thought.

After the performances today I think this would give a much more solid base to allow us to attack from and utilise our strengths

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

If Hutchinson is going to be playing at the back, the options in midfield are thin indeed.

Bannan and Reach are fine, but after that it's a choice between Pelupessy, Jones or Academy players (in the absence of Lee and Abdi).

Yep.

So many times today I was pining for Lee to return to our midfield with his sexy football antenna and just simply run sh*t like only he can.

His injury is simply heartbreaking.

• Like 1

The issue with Pelupessy for me is that while technically he's ok and an athlete, from a football perspective his awareness of the game and what's going on around him is shocking....which makes him slow to react and whilst the stats may not show this, the number of times he is second to a ball that should be 70/30 in his favour is way higher than average conference league level. 

His decision making is also very very poor and that's the aspect that often differentiates top level players from average non league players

Granted, he wasnt great in the first half but did a lot better in the second half. Probably had a better game in the second half than most will give him credit for but sounds like people had already made their mind up about him before kick off.

Pelupessy gives the ball away.... fans on the kop moaning and spitting blood. 2 minutes later and Bannan gave the ball away in a far worse area, nearly leading to an Hull goal.... fine - its Bannan.

Pelupessy tries to thread a through ball to Fletcher which doesnt come off... screaming and shouting on the Kop. Fernando tries a ridiculous back heel flick that was never going to come off - Fine, its FF

Double standards. Like I say, folk have already made their minds up. We never learn from the past.

Everyone needs to face facts..... we have no one else. No one else will be coming in so why not get behind the players for a change instead of writing them off before a ball is even kicked.