Joey Pelupessy

5 minutes ago, oi_you_owl said:

Still hanging on to the hope that he will improve. It doesn't appear to be happening for him at the minute. Gave away possession today and looked like a passenger. Are we playing him in the right position? Hard to see what his strengths are as the games seem to pass him by.

Could it be a confidence issue?

Highest passing % of any Wednesday player (second highest on the pitch) and dispossessed once. 

Did he really give it away a lot? 

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Highest passing % of any Wednesday player (second highest on the pitch) and dispossessed once. 

Please don’t let facts get in the way of scapegoating! 

No Palmer, Nuhiu on the pitch, who else they going to blame! 

11 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

No he didn't, clearly as the stats show. However, he clearly does not know his role in the team, much like most of the players unfortunately. 

His stats only show that his offloading is simple, basic and usually backwards passing. What the stats don't say explicitly is how he does this because he clearly does not know what he should be doing with the ball, so he just gets rid. 

There is a player in there with Joey, he's got a good engine, not scared to put a tackle in, but he's just lost in this 'system'.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

Have you been to the game? 

Fraud of a footballer. 

No I haven't, I haven't even seen it, which is why I'm questioning it rather than trying to voice my own opinion.

If he had a crap game (I'm not making the argument either way because you know, I can't...) then I'd imagine there are plenty of reasons why. I can't understand how giving the ball away a lot, when he retained the ball better than 20 of the other 22 players on the pitch, is a criticism that can be fairly leveled at him. If he played shybo, which you seem to think he did (and again... I'm not gonna argue that), then there are probably a million other things he did/didn't do. 

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I wouldn't swap Hutch from centre half, Thornily was miles better than Fox on the left, Baker was solid, Joey/...?..he either passes it backwards or loses it, theres no inbetween

Indeed.

If we learnt anything today it was 

1. Thorniley is a much better prospect than Fox

2. Joey's days in the first team are numbered

3. Matthias may not score many but it will still might be more than Fletcher ! - who should have scored at least one of his three chances.