Mansfield Town vs #SWFC | official matchday thread

All started when Bannan was breaking down the middle. FF was up with him and their defender nearly took his head off with a punch/arm to the face. FF got up and chased him down, slide tackling him. Kicked off a bit with their manager dragging the player off. He was taken to the tunnel by another player and kicked a ball on his way, proper mardy. Ref didn't have a clue what was happening or had happened. FF got booked, as well as someone else I think. Mansfield put another player on so their guy wasn't sent off. Should have been though. 

Didn't see what started it all off again on the whistle as we were filing along the row. Everyone was involved though, proper bench clearance to use an ice hockey term. Tom Lees was fuming as were a few others. 

Sounds like it got silly outside too, we got kept behind a gate for a bit with some Mansfield fans the other side. All middle aged, families and stuff both sides though so was pretty odd really. 

Not a great day at the office but it's pre season so not gonna panic. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, darra said:
More

Any #swfc fans worried about a possible three-game ban for Fernando Forestieri, suspensions for offences in preseason games were abolished in 2009.

What for getting smacked in the head from behind

48 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

Apart from 

Westwood, Pudil, Joao, Lee, Fletcher, Matias, Thorniley, Boyd - I could go on.

Not forgetting three key players tried in alternative positions.

Friendlies have a reason, and there are no points at stake, nor a cup place.    It's the time to try something and mess up.

I wouldn't count too much on mattias and Fletcher they're built out of tissue paper, first strong wind or light drizzle and they'll both be out injured again for 6 months. Lol