Expectations

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I agree, that is probably the plan. I certainly hope so 

Makes a complete mockery of the chairman’s comments on recruitment We are now trying to offload the very players that he maintains, were good signings 

Not only are we trying to offload them, but we are taking a pretty big hit while doing so

We've pretty much got what we paid for Hunt and still have Rhodes on our books plus a loan fee from Norwich. Not sure how we've taken a big hit. 

Plus this is what happens at every club. You sign players. Some signings don't work. You sell players. We've hardly sold anyone for years which makes us pretty unique in this league. There aren't many teams that haven't lost their top players over the years. Apart from us amazingly. 

Flirting around the eighth/ tenth position.

We all seem to know where our weakness’s are ( vulnerability in the air, no top championship full backs, naff all pace) but we don’t seem to address it. 

I’m all for shipping out huge wage earners who are either injury prone or ineffective within our style of play, but I would like to see two or three new guys coming to the club. I get a bit nervous relying on the likes of Huch and Pudil at centre back, Boyd at full back etc.

That said... if the whole troop were fit then we do have one of the better end squads in the championship, a couple of the youngsters will come in and surprise us all.

Top half finish and anything above that is a bonus for me this year. Do we have a squad capable of mounting a challenge of the top 6 yes certainly even with no new signings we still have one of the better squads in the division IMO but the defence in wider areas worries me and it looks to me as if we will struggle with teams getting the ball wide and whipping in crosses. 

If and it is a big if, we can get some consistent game time out of Lee, Hooper and Hutch then who knows as these three along with FF, Bannan, Lees and Westwood make a very strong spine of a team in this division still. 

As long as Wednesday are still changing some of the most expensive POTG prices in the whole country, we should be expecting promotion from the second tier.  No excuses.

If promotion isn’t the club’s expectation for this next season, then surely ticket prices need to be lowered significantly to bring us in line with the rest of the division.

Otherwise, Wednesday have got a lot of signings to make in the next 2 weeks...

In his interview with RS Jos said the 'target is to try to make a better season than last season'. That's hardly being over ambitious and I understand he might want to cool the expectations of the punters but I hope he has clearer and more ambitious aims when he is communicating with staff. Telling players you're simply aiming for better than mid-table is not the right message to give at the start of another frenetic season of Championship football. I want us to be aiming for the play-offs at the very least.

8 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

In his interview with RS Jos said the 'target is to try to make a better season than last season'. That's hardly being over ambitious and I understand he might want to cool the expectations of the punters but I hope he has clearer and more ambitious aims when he is communicating with staff. Telling players you're simply aiming for better than mid-table is not the right message to give at the start of another frenetic season of Championship football. I want us to be aiming for the play-offs at the very least.

How's your Dutch ? Tell me your expectations in Dutch...or English lol