Expectations

Based on the squad as it currently stands my head is telling me 12th, my heart says we have an outside chance of pinching a playoff spot.

There is no doubt in my mind that we have several individuals that are “match winners” at the same time there are 2-3 positions (ironically the same ones for three seasons) where we look vulnerable baring a breakout season for a youth player.

Irrespective of the above I can’t help but feel this season is going to be less about individuals and more about team, systems and character. I’d be happy just seeing us become a team that people hate to play and carry that in to next year with the key additions we’ve needed for a long time.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

“Whelm management” is more important than ever this season!! I’ve been keeping mine under control with this little beauty....

Available by mail order only - buy one and get a second one completely free!! £10 + £75 Postage and Packing. 

91C66B8A-7879-4F54-9794-02C517578994.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The last 10 games of last season we finished 3rd, 3pts behind Wolves and Fulham. 7 points more than the truffle hunters (in fact over the last 20 games we finished higher than them)

Expect us to be 3rd/4th, blunties 17th.

Anything lower than 4th then I ain't going ever again

lol

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

Top 6, if everyone can stay fit. 

Don't see why everyone wants signings, bring through the local lads. If recent history is anything to go by, the local area can provide much better players than we can sign.

Yep the local lads like Thorniley the scouser, Neilson from err Denmark, O'Grady from Manchester, Ash Baker the Welsh full back or maybe Jack Lee the Sunderland born center back or Stobbs from Leeds, Maybe Penney from Chesterfield, what about Connor Kirby nope hes from Barnsley or the new striker we have in the youth set up Borukov from Bulgaria.

I think we might struggle to finds any of our young lads that are actually from Sheffield. :carlosswfc:

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Expecting Wednesday to finish about 8th.

But with 4th year in a row of sky high prices on everything and no sign of them ending soon anything less then a promotion challenge to me is not good enough.

Next season (2019/20) will be very interest for the club if we continue to stall on resigning our better players and there is no sign of signing new players we could have 11 first team players out of contract or nearly half of the squad. Yes its gets them off the wage bill but there are not many free agents around as good as Westwood, Lee, Bannan and Hooper to name a few that will want to sign for us on less money.

If the club expect the fans to keep paying the top 2 prices, for midtable football I think they are going to be in for a big shock.

The fans have once again have done there bit with the fantastic support the club, well to put it bluntly have so far made a complete clusterfuck of it again, I think the lack of new home and away shirts will be the first of many balls up once again by those in charge. After everything last season I hoped DC had learnt from a lot of mistake it would appear the simple answer to that is no he hasn't.

Just above mid table.....  looking at the squad, a couple of injuries again and we'll be chasing all season.

Seriously, no real expectations, club is now in a five year rebuild after the clown ruined our chance that we went for and should have taken.

We're basically doing a Cardiff.

Oh and... pricing.

Complete Joke

Edited by quinnssweetshop

Our forward line is probably the best in the division on paper.

Midfield is also strong but bound to pick up injuries and we will end up relying on David Jones for 6 weeks again.

Defence is weak and lacking in numbers, especially in terms of wing backs which are pivotal to how Jos wants us to set up.

Capable of achieving a top 6 finish but will only happen if Jos can make us hard to beat and create chances. My head says we'll just miss out but my heart is telling me we'll be in them play-offs come the end of the season.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Yep the local lads like Thorniley the scouser, Neilson from err Denmark, O'Grady from Manchester, Ash Baker the Welsh full back or maybe Jack Lee the Sunderland born center back or Stobbs from Leeds, Maybe Penney from Chesterfield, what about Connor Kirby nope hes from Barnsley or the new striker we have in the youth set up Borukov from Bulgaria.

I think we might struggle to finds any of our young lads that are actually from Sheffield. :carlosswfc:

No like Vardy, Maguire, Stones, Walker, Cahill. Get the local lads in, any talent in Yorkshire we should know about from a young age. I said local not immediate area, but that would be a good place to start. We don't have any Sheffield lads cos they all play for premier league teams lol. 

Edited by dontCallMeOwlCallYou

On 17/07/2018 at 22:41, Spondon Owl said:

If we started the season with this squad where do you see us finishing?

10th at best.I think it will be a transitional season.It seems very similar to when Brian Laws was in charge.We will be average .We haven't enough pace up top or proper strength in the middle of the park at the moment.These things need addressing and until they are we won't trouble the top 6.I hope I'm wrong though.

Guest The Horse

It's still the second division and with everyone fit, we have a team good enough for promotion.

Our forward line will frighten any defence.

Go Kevin Keegan balls out and outscore everyone every game.

First place.

On 17/07/2018 at 23:04, daztheowl said:

Need Hooper back, thus envisage a slow start. Once he's back and firing on all cylinders, top 2.

Seriously? Personally i think we won't be anywhere near the top 6 let alone top 2. Some of u on here need to give ur head a wobble...after the season we've just had I'd be happy with 10th, above 10th would be a good season. 

20 minutes ago, OwlbornNbread said:

Seriously? Personally i think we won't be anywhere near the top 6 let alone top 2. Some of u on here need to give ur head a wobble...after the season we've just had I'd be happy with 10th, above 10th would be a good season. 

Wobble wobble, wobble wobble, wobble fkn wobble. Yeah, the head still says we finished last season on auto promotion form. 

Fancy a wobble