Expectations

3 hours ago, The Captain said:

As long as Wednesday are still changing some of the most expensive POTG prices in the whole country, we should be expecting promotion from the second tier.  No excuses.

If promotion isn’t the club’s expectation for this next season, then surely ticket prices need to be lowered significantly to bring us in line with the rest of the division.

Otherwise, Wednesday have got a lot of signings to make in the next 2 weeks...

very,very true post

I would be happy with a comfortable top 18 finish.

This is a project that we are embarking on under Jos and it might take 6 or 7 seasons before we have the right blend of homegrown talent taking up regular slots in our squad sprinkled in with some top foreign talent. 

On 18/07/2018 at 04:50, Geedee said:

Imo we are one of around 10 clubs who have a credible chance of a top 6 space. You need a good manager, and the resources to support him. We have a good manager a proven promotion winning manager, he needs the resources to compete. Over to you Mr. Chansari. 

You said it all

We are even slower this season than last, with the loss of one of quickest players.

The only real creative spark at the club is FF, if he doesn't play we have nothing.

Bannan is a top midfield player but needs good movement ahead of him.

I am expecting an absolute bore fest to a 16th place finish and I would probably take it at the moment.

Nobody to fear this year. If we start off sluggish like we usually do then I'll bring down my expectations from 6th but expecting mid table mediocrity before the end of the transfer window is just a tad depressing even for us.

I reckon around 9th. Perhaps a brief flirtation with the play offs, but not much more. 

If the key players stay fit/stay then we've got an outside chance. 

Such a hard division to predict. 

The reduced expectations aren't a bad thing. 

It may well be a season of transition, but I feel there's enough talent still in that squad to have a decent season. 

Jos with his emphasis on fitness and conditioning might coerce something extra out of them. 

Realistically 6-12 somewhere around there. We lack key areas and are overflowed with cack in others.

Reitterating the earlier posts for what we pay in tickets merchandise etc we should be top end so prices should be lowered across the board ESPECIALLY under 16s who should be able to get in and buy merchandise for pittance as there the next generation.