Expectations

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Mid table. The whole club is in consolidation mode until these big contracts have run down.

Shiite will hit the fan when someone in the Premier who has had a bad start offers us money for FF that we can’t turn down, 2 data before the end of the transfer window. 

Is that even possible now English clubs have moved the transfer window to close earlier? 

Last season was coming for some time and was by no means a 'fluke' but i'm convinced it was a one off and when fully fit our squad does have pace and quality where it matters in the likes of Bannan, Forestieri, Joao and even Boyd. I'm not convinced by Pelupessy yet but the only area that is seriously costing us promotion at this point is our full/wing-back options and without upgrading these by hook or crook i'd expect top-8 with Westwood in net, with some decent loans anything less than 6th would be inconceivable without some kind of injury crisis.

The quality of our squad is still above average in my opinion, we competed well towards end of last season without our: 

- Best goalie

- Best midfielder 

- Best striker

if we can keep most fit I’d expect us to challenge for top six. 

3 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

It's an unknown quantity this season.

Effectively I think we have another free hit as the squad will be very different from last season.

No-one expected either Huddersfield or Cardiff to be anywhere near in either of the last seasons but with the right manager and tactics they made it, so why can't we?

If Jos can get us off to a flyer, anything is possible.

Pretty much this.

I expect us to be fit, organised and motivated. With a bit of luck and some star turns from FF, pretty much anything could happen.

If we take a leaf out of England's book and reinstil some belief and passion in the fanbase, then I'd take this over being let down by "the golden generation" every day of the week.

36 minutes ago, vulva said:

Mid table. The whole club is in consolidation mode until these big contracts have run down.

Shiite will hit the fan when someone in the Premier who has had a bad start offers us money for FF that we can’t turn down, 2 data before the end of the transfer window. 

Thats the worry. Given we are selling players, Clubs will start to test our resolve with FF and Bannan. Our players may be unsettled anyway given how we are going about things. 

Westy, Lees, Hutch, Bannan, Hoops, FF, not a bad spine. Add a bit of magic from Nuhui (never thought I'd say that), and Joa - expect top half nudging top 6. If Reach improves on what he did last season he could be important - stays fit, full of energy and capable of being a match winner. B*ll*x to it, top 6 nudging top 2.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Deadline shuts on the 9th of August 

In the current climate, the sale of FF would allow us to deal with the FFP issue in one hit and start with a blank piece of paper With Brooks going for £12m, Liverpool signing a goalie for £70m the likes of FF must fetch at least £15m+. 

One step back to take 2 forward. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

In the current climate, the sale of FF would allow us to deal with the FFP issue in one hit and start with a blank piece of paper With Brooks going for £12m, Liverpool signing a goalie for £70m the likes of FF must fetch at least £15m+. 

One step back to take 2 forward. 

That's one giant step back though.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

That's one giant step back though.

I don’t see that we have a great deal of choice. Our failings in the transfer market have backed us into a corner. We have 2 very saleable assets. FF and Reach. I would be very surprised if at least 1 of these didn’t leave in the next few weeks. 

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

I don’t see that we have a great deal of choice. Our failings in the transfer market have backed us into a corner. We have 2 very saleable assets. FF and Reach. I would be very surprised if at least 1 of these didn’t leave in the next few weeks. 

If we can continue to shift the dead wood around them then I think we will be ok. 

To me this looks like the plan. think if the plan was to sort FFP in one hit by selling our top stars. they would already be gone.

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If we can continue to shift the dead wood around them then I think we will be ok. 

To me this looks like the plan. think if the plan was to sort FFP in one hit by selling our top stars. they would already be gone.

I agree, that is probably the plan. I certainly hope so 

Makes a complete mockery of the chairman’s comments on recruitment We are now trying to offload the very players that he maintains, were good signings 

Not only are we trying to offload them, but we are taking a pretty big hit while doing so

Edited by gurujuan