Expectations

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Mid table. The whole club is in consolidation mode until these big contracts have run down.

Shiite will hit the fan when someone in the Premier who has had a bad start offers us money for FF that we can’t turn down, 2 data before the end of the transfer window. 

They'll have to have a very bad first game on the 10th of August then. Transfer window closes on the 9th of August so they will have to factor in inventing time travel.

If we get a good start it could help everything gel and motivate everyone but failing that.....

Unfortunately looking elsewhere I dont see us as being in the top level of teams, squad wise or manager wise. Neither are we high on a feelgood factor. Think we will bump around between 8th and 15th all season.

Guest wilyfox

As things stand, my expectations are very modest. Our hopes of a top six push rely upon injured players staying fit - and I'm not confident they will. Unless there is movement both ways, ambition takes a backseat. 

re The OP  my expectations with the known fit squad are mid-table poss flirt with top 6-8 

I want to be pleasantly surprised  and hope that a more professional preseason ( not had one for years )  and a fit Lee and Hooper 

I have not given up on Abdi I just wonder if he or Jos has. I think it's obvious we'll be for once actually using our youth stream 

TBH I have no idea what our actual financial situation is or what type of sanction has been imposed if any but I still expect another departure 

Warnock has shown yet again another way out of this division other than buying it a la wolves is team morale and organisation  

I'm hoping for the best but this season is a needs must reset 

The lower the expectations the better we will do. Depending on fitness and how the young lads bed in I think we could have a good season, especially if we get off to a good start with plenty to prove.

But I think top half with a view to sneaking top six toward the end would be my expectation at the outset. Too many injuries and we’d be looking over our shoulder.

Edited by Bluesteel

Top half seeing some improvement in the football. I wouldn't discount playoffs though - lots of people seam to have decided we aren't signing anyone at all and this will be our squad, but I expect to see a few shrewd, cheap signings who people won't be greatly excited by, but will be effective.

I'm looking forward to it and am willing to accept a building season whilst we the squad transforms.

We need a CB and a full back and some pace in the midfield - anyone on the wings we can bring on to relieve pressure and to frighten some defenders, we just don't have it at the moment and there's still a requirement for it in the Championship.

I think we have the quality up top and in the centre to get into the top 6, with the recruitment above, I think we could hit top 4. 

Looking forward to seeing how fit we are and hungry - I think we'll be impressed come the start of the season! 

I feel better than I did this time last season, Jos appears to have a very open mind as far the squad is concerned, unlike  Carlos who had very polarised views. He’s had a good look at the squad and has proved to them that there are no ‘invisible’ members of it, it’s up them now, he has trimmed it by shipping out those that needed to go, instead of ostracising them, opportunities are there to be grasped.