Is everyone hooked on the England team now?

seems like it , there even  on about having a break in all the cricket games in the south yorks senior  league so everyone can watch the game . my facebook page is full of the world cup from friends who don't ever go to a game ……..it's certainly good to have something that unites the country .

• Like 1

Yeah, it's great, not just from a football perspective. The last couple of years have not been the best news wise with terrorism, the Grenfell tragedy and Brexit fall out. This would bring everybody together again. We could do the double: FIFA World Cup this year, Cricket World Cup next.

On a side note, imagine if the friendly against Lincoln is on the eve of the World Cup Final that England is playing in - what an atmosphere that will create.

:stuwinky:

5 minutes ago, torres said:

Love the type of person that was not bothered one bit before but now are all over this world cup and England.

A lot of people jumping on the bandwagon, but it's brilliant. Some real togetherness and pride at the moment. The scenes all over the country when England score are incredible. Nothing brings people together like football

• Like 1

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

A lot of people jumping on the bandwagon, but it's brilliant. Some real togetherness and pride at the moment. The scenes all over the country when England score are incredible. Nothing brings people together like football

Can not get enough of the band  wagoners 

Especially at work

Quiet everyone please, Brenda,who has just seen sport on the news for the first time ever, would now like to discuss the pro's and cons of the entire English football system

• Haha 6

I’ve watched most games of the World Cup, admittedly half of them via highlights but prob seen all the goals etc. 

I was excited for the England team, but I don’t think we’ll win it. 

Prob France / Brazil realistically. 

But I like Southgate, and he has a good squad. So anything is possible I guess. 

Theres already been plenty of shocks so England in the final isn’t ludicrous 

WAEAW 

13 minutes ago, torres said:

Can not get enough of the band  wagoners 

Especially at work

Quiet everyone please, Brenda,who has just seen sport on the news for the first time ever, would now like to discuss the pro's and cons of the entire English football system

Yep I'm getting the same, bloody bandwagoners. Even my Mrs who doesn't like football watched it and kept annoying me with her "expert" comments.

Where were you when Morocco vs Iran was on, hmmm? 

• Haha 3

It makes me laugh though both with clubs and country, get so defensive and against people who jump on the band wagon. 

At the end of the day, if you're emotionally invested in it, go to games etc, deep down it will always mean more to you and you will feel greater elation and disappointment than any of those who jump on the band wagon.

But here's the thing, we still have no more right to be excited over it than they do! 

Just enjoy the way this is bringing some optimism to the country for once and remember that if we go far....it'll still mean more to you deep down.

ITS COMING HOME

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

It makes me laugh though both with clubs and country, get so defensive and against people who jump on the band wagon. 

At the end of the day, if you're emotionally invested in it, go to games etc, deep down it will always mean more to you and you will feel greater elation and disappointment than any of those who jump on the band wagon.

But here's the thing, we still have no more right to be excited over it than they do! 

Just enjoy the way this is bringing some optimism to the country for once and remember that if we go far....it'll still mean more to you deep down.

ITS COMING HOME

I agree, just gets on my wick  - I can't abide that mentality