Is everyone hooked on the England team now?

16 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Where did I imply that people who are not interested/do not follow football/dont care about the national football team actually despise their country?

This what you wrote........"...........Its great that the nation is getting behind the team well the majority are apart from a small minority that seem to despise our country."

Please explain what you apparently intended this to mean.

2 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

This what you wrote........"...........Its great that the nation is getting behind the team well the majority are apart from a small minority that seem to despise our country."

Please explain what you apparently intended this to mean.

The minority that were hoping that England would get thrashed and revelled in the moment when it looked as though things might go boobies up.

46 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The minority that were hoping that England would get thrashed and revelled in the moment when it looked as though things might go boobies up.

You should have said that then.

Remember 86 and 90 fondly and France 98, since then we've been a shambles at tournaments.... 

I've tried to get into it like I used to when I was younger, watched all the games, but I just can't find the belief. 

It's like copping off with an on off ex one that has cheated on you... You darnt get exited, be happy or believe it's going to be different this time becouse it's there in your mind they're going to fail you again like they always do and have. Lol

On 04/07/2018 at 17:44, LiamAP22D said:

And yet, I see Uruguay knocking them out. Hope they do anyway. Although if I could pick anyone to beat in the final it would be France.

France are a far better side than anyone we have played before. Best result England got was against Belgium.

If we'd lost against Colombia, we would've avoided having to play Sweden. If we'd not had to play Sweden, then my  fishing match at Tunnel Barn Farm wouldn't have gone titsup.

They brought the match forward from an 11:00 start to 9:00 so they could send the staff home to watch the match. This meant that when I started bagging up at 13:20 I only did so for 40 minutes and not the entire 2nd half of my fishing match, probably costing me a win.

If you're all happy with that then so be it, but I'd have been £100 richer.

Life is not fair.

Ps - Watched the game in a pub called The Crown near Shrewley Warwickshire. Sterling needs shooting lessons from Nuhiu.

Tight lines

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 2