Is everyone hooked on the England team now?

Guest Bulgaria

Loving it.

Have to say, and rather surprisingly, when dier was about to take our winning spot kick, I am struggling to remember a time when I have been so nervous and I've seen some nervy swfc moments in my time.

Better for the nations fans to get behind the national team at its natural sport. Better this than kicking lumps of poo out of each other just because they support a different team. It's a good boost for the economy the better we do and surely a feel good factor. What's not to like right now. We have A very young side who should only get better in time. 

Ps, I might feel different on Saturday evening.

lol

I have to say I was most nervous when Henderson stepped up. He didn't look right to me. He looked more nervous than just concentrating hard. He also telegraphed his placement.

By the time Dier got there, I was relatively calm.

Edited by OxonOwl

Guest Maxine
Just now, OxonOwl said:

It will be tough but no tougher than the one just gone.

No maybe not but I'm getting more nervous every game. 

I think it's great when everyone gets behind the national team.

Love the general acceptance that it's ok to bin off family events, work and other rubbish stuff to make sure you can watch the game. It's also great that binge drinking and signing in the streets become socially acceptable for a few weeks... Wish it could always be like this.

Edited by Cosby Blunkett
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, MartinOwlMan said:

I'm really not that bothered. I do want England to win their games, but only because there are no Wednesday players in the other teams. 

Saw a Swedish acquaintance last night after our game had finished. He feels like they almost have a bye into the semi. 

Does he really? And there's me thinking that the Sweden/Switzerland match was one of the worst matches I had seen in the tournament and that should England safely negotiate the tinderbox scenario of the snidey Colombia match they would have a fantastic chance to reach the semis, before losing in the semis.

We've had two weeks of glorious sunshine.  Ladies are out and about wearing summer dresses. We've had one of the most entertaining world cups in living memory and England, against all expectations, are still in it.

If you are incapable of chilling the fizz out and enjoying yourself at the moment, i'd question the point of watching football at all...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Always say i wont watch them but always find myself sitting through it. 

Last night had all the signs of the usual disappointment. Dodgy ref, cheating opposition, sitting back on a narrow lead and conceding when we seemed to have done enough.

Surprisingly it also had an England team with some fight and a shootout win. Great to see people with pride in the national team again. 

Cant believe my prime drinking years was wasted watching Rooney and co! 

I take no interest in qualifying games or friendlies but I do get right behind them at the tournaments, especially this one as love Southgate & the fact we've got a young, inexperienced squad rather than the ego's from before

I celebrated like a man man when Dier scored that pen I can't deny it 

I’ve been critical of Southgate but perhaps harshly? He’s trying to get us playing a style of football that we perhaps haven’t seen from an England side since the Venables era.

I like where no matter which position a player plays, he can pop up almost anywhere on the pitch. It reminds me a bit of the great Dutch side of the 1970s but of course we’re nowhere near as good as that side but we’re moving in the right direction and with the young players coming through, it’s more than realistic to expect England to win a major tournament within the next ten years.

Edited by Great Big Galaa