Realistic transfer targets for next season

23 hours ago, cookeh said:

Bubnjic and Brlek are Croatian.. So as EU citizens, no work permit is needed.

Mokhar was born in holland.. so not sure why there'd be a problem there.

Idowu would need one, but he is a nigerian international, so should be doable.

Croatia are not part of the European Economic Area and therefore need work permits.

3 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Ahh yes, good old fatboy Evans, has never ever signed a quality player... ever. 

His strategy is, sign loads in the hope that eventually it'll come good, hasn't worked at any of his previous jobs. 

Maybe or maybe not....just look at the numbers of players Barry Fry has signed for the Posh and they have gone on to better things.. Fry rarely wastes his money. Mark O'Hara will become a very good player imo.

Edited by Whatahoot

1 hour ago, Whatahoot said:

Maybe or maybe not....just look at the numbers of players Barry Fry has signed for the Posh and they have gone on to better things.. Fry rarely wastes his money. Mark O'Hara will become a very good player imo.

That'll be market forces, nowt fat boy does,they have a habit of unearthing gems thats for sure. 

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 19:45, peacock1961 said:

Keogh and Martin from Derby, are you serious?

A. Too old

B. Rumored to be bad influences in the changing rooms

C. Love to engineer manager exits

D. Rumored to enjoy the company of other player's spouses

E. No better than we have

And finally do you watch football?

no just got a season ticket at Hillsboro,as always do you?

12 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Whilst I agree with some of your opinions I don’t on others. James Collins is the type of player we should avoid. Old past his best and not suited to a back 3. We’ve made so many of these signings over the years. Young talent should be prioritised. My preference would be Kalas or Omueru from Chelsea, still young 23/24 but experienced in this league and internationaly.

However your point about Marshall is actually spot on. Can play both wing back positions or as part of a front 3 if needed. Although he isn’t young he’s one I would look at.

Never been a fan of lorfa when I’ve seen him strong and quick but not a good footballer from what I’ve seen. Wilson would be a good signing tho.

I think the priority position is CDM. This is a hard one as there aren’t many about. I liked Lansbury but he’s 28 and not played much football. 

I take your point...but if we go into the season the Tom Lees as captain, we're in trouble. Good defender. No captain. We cannot go into the season with a player who looked like he was going to burst out crying in the Sheffield Derby as our captain. With Adam Reach as our vice. 

Bringing in some experience and leadership is imperative. It's far too simple to blindly say we need to go for young players. But it'll negate a huge void in the mentality of our squad. 

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

I take your point...but if we go into the season the Tom Lees as captain, we're in trouble. Good defender. No captain. We cannot go into the season with a player who looked like he was going to burst out crying in the Sheffield Derby as our captain. With Adam Reach as our vice. 

Bringing in some experience and leadership is imperative. It's far too simple to blindly say we need to go for young players. But it'll negate a huge void in the mentality of our squad. 

I’d make Hutch Captain and Bannan vice

12 hours ago, frastheowl said:

We will not be signing any players over 25. Team did not lack leadership in last few games of season were more together than I had seen them in several seasons. Played as a unit which is far more important.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

We are skint. Listen to the club / Radio Sheffield / what Watson posts on here.

We'd be lucky to buy Hallam's sub right back.

Or a reject kid from Burnley

Skint as in.......broke or skint as in................we're going to be more careful with how we spend ?

22 hours ago, Minton said:

Croatia are not part of the European Economic Area and therefore need work permits.

They're part of the european union, so have freedom of movement and to work.
The UK opted to block it for 5 years, as we did when Romania joined the EU.

But that changes at the end of this month and so there's really no problem.

While they can't work in the UK with a certificate (with it fairly easy to get) right now, in 3 weeks they will be able to.

So in terms of signing them for next season, there's no requirement for a work permit whatsoever.