Realistic transfer targets for next season

51 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

In my opinion a CB, DM, LWB & AM/W are needed to add to the squad as it is now.

If any individual players are sold they may need to be replaced depending on who they are

In a dream world 

CB -  Tosin Adarabioyo - Man City. - loan
LWB - Rico Henry - Brentford - £2m
DM - Walace - Hamburg - Loan
AM - Charly Musonga - Chelsea - loan 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

If any individual players are sold they may need to be replaced depending on who they are

Centre back...yes Loovens and Venancio departures leave us over reliant on youth

DM..no we have Pellupessy, Hutchinson and Jones, only one of whom will make the team.

LWB.....Yes. Only Reach available and poss needed as attacking midfielder.

AM/W...All depends on fitness of Matias and Lee.

Jos will be best placed to assess this, but if these two have the proper management they can easily fill that berth.

We need a right back , left back , central defnder and midfielder that creates.  Also a winger that can cross a ball . Ie everyone' favourite Ben Marshall. As for center half Danny bath . As for forwards just get rid of Fletcher.  Question mark over Rhodes if Ben Marshall was to come. He linked up well when they both played for Blackburn. If Marshall doesn't come or any winger that can deliver a good cross the get rid of Rhodes to rangers . Need 2 good wingers  either side

3 minutes ago, DAVIDHIRST09 said:

We need a right back , left back , central defnder and midfielder that creates.  Also a winger that can cross a ball . Ie everyone' favourite Ben Marshall. As for center half Danny bath . As for forwards just get rid of Fletcher.  Question mark over Rhodes if Ben Marshall was to come. He linked up well when they both played for Blackburn. If Marshall doesn't come or any winger that can deliver a good cross the get rid of Rhodes to rangers . Need 2 good wingers  either side

Are we even going to be playing with wingers regularly?

16 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Centre back...yes Loovens and Venancio departures leave us over reliant on youth

DM..no we have Pellupessy, Hutchinson and Jones, only one of whom will make the team.

LWB.....Yes. Only Reach available and poss needed as attacking midfielder.

AM/W...All depends on fitness of Matias and Lee.

Jos will be best placed to assess this, but if these two have the proper management they can easily fill that berth.

Hutch probably won’t play many games and I feel we need an upgrade on Jones, who should be moved on when possible. I’m not sure Bannan and Pelupessy as a the two in midfield will be good enough in the big games. 

I agree about Matias and Lee tho, again fitness may be an issue so I’d like to see a prem youngster brought in to help in that position. 

43 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

In a dream world 

CB -  Tosin Adarabioyo - Man City. - loan
LWB - Rico Henry - Brentford - £2m
DM - Walace - Hamburg - Loan
AM - Charly Musonga - Chelsea - loan 

That team would be ridiculously good 

lol

Westwood 

Adarabioyo  Lees   Pudil 

Hunt   Walace      Bannan  Henry 

Musonga   Forestieri 

Joao 

• Haha 1

Wingbacks are key areas if we are going to continue to play this system and need to recruit wisely.

RWB - Hunt has shown better towards the end of the season but injury prone, not seen enough of Baker but promising, Palmer struggles to play that role with any attacking intent.

LWB - Reach may be able to adapt, not seen enough of him in that position to judge, Fox not good enough, Penney unproven.

As for other recruitment, presume it will be a case of swapping what we have with the objective of reducing the average squad age and injecting some pace and energy into the team. All depends who we can move on and expect mostly to be loans.

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

We havnt got the money to spend on all these players. For me its the defence that needs looking at

A cursory glance at our squad, suggests we probably need, two wing backs, two centre backs and a couple of midfielders 

I’d like to see another quick striker, if we can free up the space

All bar the centre backs, need to be under 25 Pace and energy is key

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, striker said:

Wingbacks are key areas if we are going to continue to play this system and need to recruit wisely.

RWB - Hunt has shown better towards the end of the season but injury prone, not seen enough of Baker but promising, Palmer struggles to play that role with any attacking intent.

LWB - Reach may be able to adapt, not seen enough of him in that position to judge, Fox not good enough, Penney unproven.

As for other recruitment, presume it will be a case of swapping what we have with the objective of reducing the average squad age and injecting some pace and energy into the team. All depends who we can move on and expect mostly to be loans.

If I'm being objective the reason we're walking the ffp tightrope is down to the fact that instead of looking in the loan market for hungry players looking to show their premier league clubs they're good enough, we signed older players with bags of experience that had been there, done that already and maybe don't have the desire anymore. This especially as if we had have gone up, they probably would have been then surplus to requirements as we'd have been looking for younger upgrades for them. 

41 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

We havnt got the money to spend on all these players. For me its the defence that needs looking at

Jos said we’d be looking at young players at prem u23 sides so I’m assuming loans will be most likely this summer.  Along with the odd sale or two 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Suspect like you are hinting, it may well have to be one out for one in.

Poss even a ratio of two out for one in. The squad is surely way too big.

I think there will be a bit of a shake up but I expect Hooper to stay. Assuming we move out Rhodes, Abdi, Westwood (reluctantly), Clare, Hirst and we keep the others then I think it will be a relatively low key summer and any incomings will not be heralded in the manner of previous ones. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing. The names already mentioned like Honeyman, Burke, Venancio are probably the best we would get. I’d like us to look at Baylis and Shipley from Coventry as young rangy midfielders with an eye for goal.

If we lose Bannan, Forestieri, Lees or Reach then we may push the boat out a bit more and have more leeway to do so. I think that is the only way to afford someone like Marriott or Maddison. 

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Hutch probably won’t play many games and I feel we need an upgrade on Jones, who should be moved on when possible. I’m not sure Bannan and Pelupessy as a the two in midfield will be good enough in the big games. 

I agree about Matias and Lee tho, again fitness may be an issue so I’d like to see a prem youngster brought in to help in that position. 

Weve needed this for ages. Pelupessy is a replacement for Jones, but when Hutchinson is out we lack an edge in midfield. 

Pace and energy will be needed by the wing backs down the flanks A couple of midfield ratters, and a quick striker to replace Rhodes All could be loans

A couple of dominant centre backs, we’ll probably be looking to get in a bit of experience here, so frees, or maybe a small fee Think we can do this cheaply enough, while still getting a few off the books, and bringing down our wages

Rangers, Bolton, Barnsley and Charlton in for Bradley at Plymouth. Decent on the ball, gets goals from the back. 

There isnt much championship interest yet but I reckon he’s one who will end up playing at this level. Would’ve been good to nip in there.

The idea we should be signing a striker is just pure craziness.

For me, i'd want:
Bryan Idowu from Amkar Perm. Nigerian left back, good going forward.

Greg Taylor from Kilmarnock. Dirt cheap 20 year old promising left back.
Igor Bubnjic from Udinese. Center back with ability to distribute, could play left side of a three really well.

Venancio to play right of the three.

Petar Brlek from Genoa to play in deep midfield. Either with Bannan, or especially in a 3 with Bannan and Pessy.
Youness Mokhtar from Zwolle, quick, tricky right winger.

and maybe Hakeeb Adelukan just because he seems young promising, could develop and is free.

Looking to move out:
Hooper, Jones, Westwood, Abdi, Winnall, Boyd, and maybe even Reach (doesn't really fit how we play).