Realistic transfer targets for next season

59 minutes ago, cookeh said:

The idea we should be signing a striker is just pure craziness.

For me, i'd want:
Bryan Idowu from Amkar Perm. Nigerian left back, good going forward.

Greg Taylor from Kilmarnock. Dirt cheap 20 year old promising left back.
Igor Bubnjic from Udinese. Center back with ability to distribute, could play left side of a three really well.

Venancio to play right of the three.

Petar Brlek from Genoa to play in deep midfield. Either with Bannan, or especially in a 3 with Bannan and Pessy.
Youness Mokhtar from Zwolle, quick, tricky right winger.

and maybe Hakeeb Adelukan just because he seems young promising, could develop and is free.

Looking to move out:
Hooper, Jones, Westwood, Abdi, Winnall, Boyd, and maybe even Reach (doesn't really fit how we play).

Idowu, Bubnjic, Brlek and Mokhar wouldn't get work permits.

T Adarebioyo Man City     CB

S McQueen Southampton  LB

H Barnes Leicester       RW

E Adapu  Chelsea    Utility defender and also defensive midfield

All loan players and believe all will be available for loan.

Due to many clubs in Championship being short of funds I understand loan swap deals could be very popular this summer (sae as Winnall/Butterfield deal). I can think of a few I would not mind being loaned out but not sure who we could get for them. Sincerely hope if we do get involved we do better than we did last season.

43 minutes ago, Minton said:

Idowu, Bubnjic, Brlek and Mokhar wouldn't get work permits.

Bubnjic and Brlek are Croatian.. So as EU citizens, no work permit is needed.

Mokhar was born in holland.. so not sure why there'd be a problem there.

Idowu would need one, but he is a nigerian international, so should be doable.

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

Jan Kirchhoff available, a pretty decent cb/dm on a free?

Had most of last season without a club then signed for Bolton played a few games then got released, I think because he got injured and missed all but 4 games, either he wanted silly money or Bolton didn't think he was up to it.

Might be worth staying away from this one

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Had most of last season without a club then signed for Bolton played a few games then got released, I think because he got injured and missed all but 4 games, either he wanted silly money or Bolton didn't think he was up to it.

Might be worth staying away from this one

He was injured for a long time wasn't he? So yeah, i don't think we should go near. We need players on the park.

IF we have money for fees then Knudsen at Ipswich and Byrne at Wigan. Venancio would be welcome too.  Depends on what people see as priorities.  I like the look of George Saville at Millwall too but he's probably out of reach. 

IF we can offload Abdi, Rhodes, Fox, Winnall, Jones, Palmer and possibly even Boyd or Fletcher I think there maybe enough freed up to bring in a couple of decent signings.  Knudsen would be my first choice.  Solid dependable Championship left back who unfortunately has been named in the Denmark World Cup squad so his value may rise.  With Penney as understudy and Reach as back up, Hunt and Byrne on the other side, Venancio, Lees, Van Aken, Thorniley, Hutchinson with Neilsen as understudy at centre half I reckon that should be enough in defence. 

If we got Saville or somebody of his ilk, Pelupessy, Lee, Bannan, Reach, Clare?, Hutchinson as back up in the middle of the park I'd be happy with centre midfield.  Start the season with Hooper, Joao, Nuhiu, Fletcher and FF as the options up top.  Keep Matias because I think with a proper pre season Jos might get something out of him and besides coming into the last year of his contract he's either playing for a new one or for a decent move away.

3 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Jos said we’d be looking at young players at prem u23 sides so I’m assuming loans will be most likely this summer.  Along with the odd sale or two 

When was this said ?? 

2 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

Jan Kirchhoff

Isn't that what you sneeze into?

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

When was this said ?? 

End of season press conference.  There's a thread on here about it.

11 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Isn't that what you sneeze into?

End of season press conference.  There's a thread on here about it.

Nice one I must have missed that, refreshing to hear we’re going for a new approach

lot of faith that Jos is gunna get this right 

6 hours ago, DAVIDHIRST09 said:

We need a right back , left back , central defnder and midfielder that creates.  Also a winger that can cross a ball . Ie everyone' favourite Ben Marshall. As for center half Danny bath . As for forwards just get rid of Fletcher.  Question mark over Rhodes if Ben Marshall was to come. He linked up well when they both played for Blackburn. If Marshall doesn't come or any winger that can deliver a good cross the get rid of Rhodes to rangers . Need 2 good wingers  either side

Keogh from derby,would keep Fletcher get him fit cos nobody else will pay his wages.Martin from Derby 500k imo as good as anything we currently have,maybe Marshall can't see a lot happening personally,got too many we need to get rid off but wages won't be paid by other clubs

Guest Jack the Hat
8 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

We need young blood like Daryl Murphy and John O'Shea.

Richard Wood scored two at Wembley. Maybe we could buy him play him up front and sell Forestieri AND Hooper!

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

When was this said ?? 

Before last game of season he said we would be looking for players under 23/24 from Championshup and Premier u/23 teams. Actually think this was to head off Agents sending type of players we have been signing for last few years. Jos rejected the players he was presented with from scouts in January and went with Pelupessy. his choice. Agents still trying to link us to dead wood in press.

1 hour ago, brando said:

Keogh from derby,would keep Fletcher get him fit cos nobody else will pay his wages.Martin from Derby 500k imo as good as anything we currently have,maybe Marshall can't see a lot happening personally,got too many we need to get rid off but wages won't be paid by other clubs

Keogh and Martin from Derby, are you serious?

A. Too old

B. Rumored to be bad influences in the changing rooms

C. Love to engineer manager exits

D. Rumored to enjoy the company of other player's spouses

E. No better than we have

And finally do you watch football?

9 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

1. The club has to want some to leave
  2. The ones the club wants rid of have to want to leave
  3. Another club has to want those who are to leave or the players are paid off
  4. A price and terms have to be agreed

Far from obvious.

It is obvious we're financially stuck with 3 strikers on approx 30k a week, 2 of which don't have a good fitness record and are over 30. Then there's JR.

Stuck is the word.

Id be amazed if we managed to move one out. Joao and FF are the only ones with a good resale value, I wouldn't want to lose either.

10 hours ago, Sham67 said:

1.  Last thing we need is another striker.

2.  The aged Hooper comment is clearly risible.

3.  The op like a fair few other who've recently joined is and never has been a Wednesdayite.

Disagree, Weds fans can be morons too, in fact it helps at times. 

Guest Arcadianrocket

We do not need any strikers that is clear.

Centre Back? Kone from Sunderland or Elphick from Villa could be decent options to replace Loovens and also sign Fred. Then we would have 4 plus Hutch to cover CM and CB.

RB - not an immediate concern as Hunt is a top 6 RB and Baker looked ok.

LB- Reach should be first choice left wing back but would still like an alternative player bought in, just in case we wanna go 4-4-2 and push Reach up.I would see if we could get either Matty Targett from Southampton or Douglas from Wolves.

A winger is also needed - A loan from the prem although Ben Marshall is still a class act at this level.

20 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

We do not need any strikers that is clear.

Centre Back? Kone from Sunderland or Elphick from Villa could be decent options to replace Loovens and also sign Fred. Then we would have 4 plus Hutch to cover CM and CB.

RB - not an immediate concern as Hunt is a top 6 RB and Baker looked ok.

LB- Reach should be first choice left wing back but would still like an alternative player bought in, just in case we wanna go 4-4-2 and push Reach up.I would see if we could get either Matty Targett from Southampton or Douglas from Wolves.

A winger is also needed - A loan from the prem although Ben Marshall is still a class act at this level.

He would make a cracking combination with Rhodes.

FFS

• Haha 1