Realistic transfer targets for next season

Guest wilyfox

Hooper & Marriott could pair well, in my opinion. Hooper dropping off to link play, Marriott running in behind.. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, peacock1961 said:

We dont need any more strikers unless a few leave.

How many do you want sat out each week, 7,8,9 ??????????

Pretty obvious that some will leave. 

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Pretty obvious that some will leave. 

1. The club has to want some to leave
  2. The ones the club wants rid of have to want to leave
  3. Another club has to want those who are to leave or the players are paid off
  4. A price and terms have to be agreed

Far from obvious.

• Like 1

1.  Last thing we need is another striker.

2.  The aged Hooper comment is clearly risible.

3.  The op like a fair few other who've recently joined is and never has been a Wednesdayite.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

1. The club has to want some to leave
  2. The ones the club wants rid of have to want to leave
  3. Another club has to want those who are to leave or the players are paid off
  4. A price and terms have to be agreed

Far from obvious.

Noises suggest Rhodes won't be here. Winnall angling for a move away. Joao's comments a couple of weeks ago were open to suggestion, and we don't know what interest will arise in Forestieri - no doubt there will be some. We don't even know if Hooper or Fletcher are of the type Luhukay wants. I would be very surprised if the isn't a change or two in attack. 

It’s hard to pick realistic targets when we don’t know what the budget is.

I mentioned that Sam Byram would be a good signing either perm or loan and most agreed but could we afford his wages ?? No one knows.

Looking at the OP post, I think the striker situation is something we won’t be looking at for incomings. Out goings yes. See id be looking to offload Fletcher Winnall and Rhodes and whist I do agree with Hooper not being able to be relied upon he is only 30 and quality so unless we were able to bring in say Wickham or someone of his quality (which is unrealistic) then I think we should keep Hooper.

As for others - Luke Garbutt from Everton is available on a free he has good pedigree but has lost his way he could be worth a punt. I would like Lansbury from Villa but doesn’t really fit the profile. 

The id look at Chelsea. Kalas or Miazga, Pasalic Pantic Wallace Brown or Mount if we could manage that one !

Right footed CB hopefully Venancio as he's already bedded in with the lads, LWB/LB is a tough one maybe Bidwell or Garbutt but that involves spending cash so is there any premier league loanees knocking about? 

After that depending on Hutch and Lee fitness issues them maybe another CM and if somehow we shift Rhodes and Winnall how about trying for Woodburn on a season loan from Liverpool as seems perfect for the 3 4 3 system and isn't going to get regular game time there.

Hooper is the type of striker who will still be effective into his mid thirties. He uses his brain ,not speed and he's got a low centre of gravity so he can protect the ball well. For me he is the best striker at the club.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BigDaveNuihui said:

Who do you want at club for beginning of August 

A striker to replace the ageing Gary Hooper probably will happen someone like Marriott at Peterborough United 

Yes, we all want to see one of the top 3 players at the club shipped out. A blades wet dream!

Yes Hooper is prob the best striker at the club but,not for half a season every season ....if we want to push for promotion we need our best players fit all season.Id try and offload if poss even tho i do like him and get rid off Fletch too.Get some young uns in...UTO FTFB

50 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

1.  Last thing we need is another striker.

2.  The aged Hooper comment is clearly risible.

3.  The op like a fair few other who've recently joined is and never has been a Wednesdayite.

As long as we don't swap NUHIU for this Nuihui fella he has named himself after.:unsure: