Ex Owl kevin Pressman leaves Millwall

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not really - he earnt way more than enough whilst playing

To be fair, I would say he was one of the last generation of players playing at the top of their game who a testimonial would have made a significant financial impact  on. These days they are rolling in it for being bobbar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CF83OWL said:

Pressman always said he would have his testimonial when we were back in the PL.

Not sure why?

Well if that's the case I look forward to purchasing a ticket  for his Testimonial in the near future then .....:luhukay:

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

There is not enough romance in the game these days.

We all know, past players as managers don't work - at least not for us.

But having the big man back at Hillsborough in some capacity would really really tell some of us now older fans that the club understands what we are all about.

There is no position available suitable though, as the current coach is doing exceptionally well.

Edited by HubristicClapper

5 hours ago, BRADDO said:

A shame he wasn't in goal for the FA cup final replay in 93. Great shot stopper and wouldn't have done the Woods Jesus hands routine.

Where one of our defenders just stood and watched it go in as well, wasn't it Worthington ? Calamity defending by all, sadly I was at that match and honestly thought we could do it...

7 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

I love Pressman, as others have said deserves a testimonial no two ways about it. He played for us for years

Only because no other clubs came in for him

Nobody else wanted him after it was sussed out you could just pass the ball low to either side of him to guarantee a goal

Owlstalk Shop

Probably my all time favorite Wednesday player, was fortunate enough to meet him after the Gillingham game some years ago, he came over over gave a firm handshake and said " I'm Kevin Pressman pleased to meet you", I was star struck and replied "I know"

On a serious note the way he was treated by some manager namely Wilson was nothing short of a disgrace.

He should have had a testimonial and I would him back as our goalkeeping coach in a heartbeat.

Best keeper I've seen in my 37 years as a Wednesday fan and the best keeper never to play for England.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nobody else wanted him after it was sussed out you could just pass the ball low to either side of him to guarantee a goal

Overly harsh and not even true.

For a fat lad he got down very quickly.

2 hours ago, steveger said:

Where one of our defenders just stood and watched it go in as well, wasn't it Worthington ? Calamity defending by all, sadly I was at that match and honestly thought we could do it...

Was worthington not the one at Old Trafford just watching as Bruce’s 175th minute header went a few inches over his head?

Think at Wembley Woods had kind of knocked it beyond any defender on the line. I haven’t watched it back since and probably never will.

8 hours ago, room0035 said:

The below is a good read if you have 10 minutes, when the club release Kevin Pressman, Des Walker and Andy Booth. But goes on to say the way we gave youth a change and beat the blades.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2000/dec/10/sport.comment

That was in 2000 in the first season down.

He must has signed a new deal after this article as he was here till around 2004 I think.

8 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

Pressman always said he would have his testimonial when we were back in the PL.

Not sure why?

probably costs money to put on and organise and we were nearly out of business 

I remember going to a game 98 ish, we met the players getting out of their cars. After I met Pressman I tryed/touched his door handle.

A week/days later it was in the paper someone tryed stealing his car and he chased them down the road in his pants. Or did I dream that? 

13 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

Overly harsh and not even true.

For a fat lad he got down very quickly.

It was totally true and very predictable

Whenever the opposition attacked and scored 9 times out of 10 it would just be a shot low to Pressman's left or right hand side

He'd arrive on the ground about 6 seconds later making the shot look like a worldie when in fact the whole of the division's strikers sussed out that they just had to shoot low to either side of him

Was excruciating - especially towards the end

Owlstalk Shop

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh? Tha wot?