Ex Owl kevin Pressman leaves Millwall

13 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Was worthington not the one at Old Trafford just watching as Bruce’s 175th minute header went a few inches over his head?

Think at Wembley Woods had kind of knocked it beyond any defender on the line. I haven’t watched it back since and probably never will.

You're correct

No way any other player could have done anything about Woods juggling act...

We were seconds away from going to penalties and i went into denial when that goal went in - refused to believe we had lost. I sat there for about half an hour after the final whistle in suspended belief 

When i finally made my way out i went straight into hordes of Arsenal fans all celebrating outside - and taking the pee out of me!

Incidentally Woods did make one of the best saves i've seen - away at Stamford Bridge

Pressy was very underrated imo - yeah he got out of shape toward the end of his career but in his prime he was an outstanding keeper

1 hour ago, scram said:

You're correct

No way any other player could have done anything about Woods juggling act...

We were seconds away from going to penalties and i went into denial when that goal went in - refused to believe we had lost. I sat there for about half an hour after the final whistle in suspended belief 

When i finally made my way out i went straight into hordes of Arsenal fans all celebrating outside - and taking the pee out of me!

Incidentally Woods did make one of the best saves i've seen - away at Stamford Bridge

Pressy was very underrated imo - yeah he got out of shape toward the end of his career but in his prime he was an outstanding keeper

People say penalties are the cruelest way to lose a game. I would have much preferred losing on penalties than the way we did. At least it would have been historic and people would probably still remember how unlucky we were. Now it is just 2-1. 

Although, having said that it would probably mean a player having to suffer terribly.

Without even getting into how underrated as a goalkeeper I think he was, the bloke is a club legend I don’t care what anyone says, there’s a few names I remember been my first memories of Sheffield Wednesday while I was growing up and Big Kev is top of the list 

for me he’s up there with Waddle, Hirst , Palmer and Walker 

Anyone remember which game this was?

Pressman made this save where he had dived one way and literally changed direction and dived the other way defying pure gravity?

I can't remember which game this was though...

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

Pressman made this save where he had dived one way and literally changed direction and dived the other way defying pure gravity?

He'd have let it in if it was on the floor passed to his side, apparently.

• Haha 1

Him and Schmeichel were my idols growing up and I was fortunate to have always played at a decent level until injuries and a loss of love for the game took their toll. 

Shame I took followed his diet plan from the age of about 13 too lol

Great credit to the club. Can’t praise the bloke any higher.

Edited by jonesy87shef

2 hours ago, Ronio said:

I remember a double save he made at Stamford Bridge - he made a brilliant save but was on the floor when the ball fell nicely to Dennis Wise - he lifted the ball over Pressy and turned away celebrating the "goal" - only for Pressman to somehow miraculously spring up and claw the ball away

In his day and on his game he was as good as any English keeper of his era - and better than most!

On 01/06/2018 at 15:12, Dutch McLovin said:

Get him back on the coaching staff. Legend 

I'd take him.  An absolute legend between the sticks.  I've never seen a big man with as much athleticism and agility like kev.

Surprisingly overlooked and underrated by many. Anyone that says he was crap or couldn't get down to low shots wants their head checking. He was brilliant.

Just shows how much of a mess the club was back in 2004.

There we have a player who was with us for 19 years, had been with us through thick and thin and who had always given his all, and not only did we not give him a testimonial but we didn't even give him a guard of honour in his last game for us, only we as a club would be as stupid as to something as ridiculous and as cynical as that.

Must have been so frustrating for him in the last few years at the club having the likes of Ashley Westwood, Danny Maddix, Dean Smith etc in defence. Even Buffon would struggle to keep clean sheets with those howlers in front of him.

UTO!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kosovo'sNo.9 said:

Just shows how much of a mess the club was back in 2004.

There we have a player who was with us for 19 years, had been with us through thick and thin and who had always given his all, and not only did we not give him a testimonial but we didn't even give him a guard of honour in his last game for us, only we as a club would be as stupid as to something as ridiculous and as cynical as that.

Must have been so frustrating for him in the last few years at the club having the likes of Ashley Westwood, Danny Maddix, Dean Smith etc in defence. Even Buffon would struggle to keep clean sheets with those howlers in front of him.

UTO!!!

Definitely.  A good defence can make an average keeper look top class but a shambolic defence can make a top keeper look woeful .

Still strikers sussed him out early doors apparently which is why he only lasted twenty odd years as a keeper :picnic:

• Haha 1

Pressman

Scoring penalties

For Sheffield Wednesday

No Blunt asked for

Kevin Pressman

He eats all the food

Puts balls in the net

Etc.

Everton gave Tony Hibbert a testimonial and he was notoriously terrible, yet Pressman never got one. Madness. Tbh if he did get one, he'd probably donate the money to a cancer charity or something, I remember he flogged a load of his old goalie shirts a while back to raise money for Macmillan or something cos his dad and mother-in-law had cancer. He mentioned it on Talksport.

On 03/06/2018 at 00:16, scram said:

I remember a double save he made at Stamford Bridge - he made a brilliant save but was on the floor when the ball fell nicely to Dennis Wise - he lifted the ball over Pressy and turned away celebrating the "goal" - only for Pressman to somehow miraculously spring up and claw the ball away

In his day and on his game he was as good as any English keeper of his era - and better than most!

Absolutely a top keeper on his day.  

I remember him being called up one season for the England B squad only to be dropped when the final squads were announced.  Definitely a quality keeper.  Still trying to remember the game he made that save.   

4 hours ago, Ronio said:

Absolutely a top keeper on his day.  

I remember him being called up one season for the England B squad only to be dropped when the final squads were announced.  Definitely a quality keeper.  Still trying to remember the game he made that save.   

Just don't think he fitted in as an England keeper it with what the selectors were looking for our wanted. a big lad like him as number one ..  Personally, I thought he deserved fill squad call up but never got it.