The Sam Winnalll situation

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Does anyone actually really know what went off?

I heard from a groundsman that he 2 footed FF in training and FF reacted. Handbags really.

FF was disappointed that Winnall wasn't disciplined for this so I guess that's why he didn't play the next game.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He had a go at Fletcher and FF, all boiled over. Fletcher got a size ten in the plums. FF got grappled by the throat and thrown to the ground. Both he and Winnall ended up wrestling and FF’s shorts got ripped in a powerful wedgie. All a rather embarrassing incident for all concerned.

• Haha 2

IIRC it was FF who got dropped for the game immediately after the 'incident' so really no idea what ppl are going on about. IMO all teams need a bit of loose cannon in the side, someone who is not afraid to tell anyone no matter how far up in the pecking order a few home truths. Maybe it's what we lacked more than anything last season. When you have such an incompetent man manager in charge sometimes it's best that the players themselves police each other...

After the way he coveted Derby while he was injured he can do one for me, really don't care if he ever plays again. A mate of mine who has friends withing Barnsley says he was always a tail end there as well, bullying the kids and being a proper A-hole.

The injury he had is usually 9 months recovery so my guess is he is going nowhere this summer. He stayed at Derby as they were paying wages until end of season as was agreed in swap deal with Butterfield. he did well at Derby and could do well at Hillsbrough with our new more enlightened coach in charge. If he does leave more likely be after proved fitness in January transfer window.

The Barnsley supporter I know told me that Winnall had a reputation for being pretty arrogant, and not a team person. It's impossible to know whether that's right or not, just as no one on here has any idea what actually happened in the FF situation.

That said: if the rumours are true I would be inclined if we can to sell. The famous All-Blacks no-d***heads policy always strikes me as wise.

Whether we can sell is another matter. Over the summer, presumably not.

Whether he was essential or not, signing Winnall was excellent business. It's good to see the club showing the predatory instinct that we've been on the end of all too many times in the past. 

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Depends what you want to believe. I believe he was a so called 'billy big boLLoox' with the youngs uns. Just saying like.

Maybe he'll come back from his injury a bit more humble and less billyBBOOOOX.  An ACL or two can do that.  He also will be acutely aware he bet his chips on black (sheep) and it didn't come in for him.

Honestly think Jos will assess him in the same cool manner as any other player.  If both he and Rhodes were fit we may have cashed in on Winnall but tbf it is clear Jos doesn't rate Rhodes so I think he'll be the fall guy in terms of shedding costs if we can get a decent loan done.

Winnall is a 15/20 goal striker but would he fit into a 3-4-3 as a spearhead?  Probably not...  that said useful sub striker who can notch.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What do you predict will be the outcome of this one?

Do you think Sam will return to Wednesday, do you think we will continue to loan him out somewhere or do you think we will offload him?

Send him and fessi up greno woods to sort out their  issues then they can both stay. 

Difficult one this. Heard so many reports from different people saying he’s a bell end that I’m starting to think there’s no smoke without fire without obviously knowing the full facts. 

Jos will assess the situation and decide what’s best for the club when he returns to fitness though I’m confident of that. As long as he gets back fit then he’s a useful squad player if he drops the bell end act or he’s sold on for a profit. A rare win, win situation for Wednesday lol 

As I said in the Frank Lampard thread it's rumoured that Rowett left Derby because they are skint. So the only thing I could see happening is either we sell Winnall or he comes back to us. Looks like the only way he could stay at Derby is in a swap deal with Butterfield and that's not likely hopefully. 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Probably not - a lot of speculation on here so no change there.

JL will want to see what Winnall can bring first and then I’m sure a decision will be taken after that.