The Sam Winnalll situation

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed, they can’t spend much but will probably bring 3/4 youngsters in from Chelsea.

If they were to get Tammy Abrahams on a season long loan I can’t see them being too bothered about Sam Winnall.

Huddersfield are in for Tammy Abraham and I understand that will be confirmed next week.

Do you or does anyone know how Winnall is getting on with his rehabilitation? He’s one of a few we need to get out of the door.

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Huddersfield are in for Tammy Abraham and I understand that will be confirmed next week.

Do you or does anyone know how Winnall is getting on with his rehabilitation? He’s one of a few we need to get out of the door.

No idea pal but I’d heard rumours (can’t remember from where) that he would miss the start of the season.

A fully fit Sam Winnall is a very saleable asset at this level but nobody is going to sign an injured player. I think he’ll get his fitness back at Hillsborough then most likely move out on loan in January.

10 hours ago, darra said:

No idea what happened with Winnall at S6 other than the rumours on here and other social media and  but there were stories that he had caused ructions at other clubs he'd played for before we signed him. No idea how true they were

he was captain at Barnsley so it's hard to imagine they'd do that if the other players or manager had problems with him ……

I cannot help thinking that we have all bought a story Winnall is a monster and terrible team man.

However, most if not all of the team fractions over last couple of seasons had appeared to involve Forestieri under the man management of Carlos.

Plenty of other teams will have more than one football squad equivalent of alpha males, including Derby, it is how you manage them. There is no reason why if he is decent we can't get them all pulling in the same direction under a good man manager.

It is the same kind of situation that forced Pietersen out of the England Test cricket squad too early. No one could manage the team or the louder voices within it until it was too late.