The championship will be ultra competitive next season

2 hours ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Do you think United will sink next year then? With or without Wilder?

With or without Wilder they will sink, unless a mentality change happens with regards to squad building.

That's currently not likely to happen unless the power struggle is put to bed.

Don't get me wrong, they are in a position where they could easily build from, but currently nothing suggests they will be allowed to build.

Edited by HubristicClapper

We really need to get a good start.

Lets, for the first time in forever, get a solid start and sit in the top positions early on - then we will believe, players confidence will grow and if we get up there early I think we will be tough to stop 

2 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

We really need to get a good start.

Lets, for the first time in forever, get a solid start and sit in the top positions early on - then we will believe, players confidence will grow and if we get up there early I think we will be tough to stop 

I'm of the opposite belief fella,its where we finish that matters,26 wins over a 46 game season gets us up around where we need to be.

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I'm of the opposite belief fella,its where we finish that matters,26 wins over a 46 game season gets us up around where we need to be.

Yes very true, but imagine us starting well, sitting in the top 3 after 10 games - the atmosphere will be so positive, I believe we would ride that wave through the season 

One possible negative to Swansea coming down is that Carlos will come for a couple of players. Wouldn't surprise me if Reach, Bannan and a couple of others are on their radar. 

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

This gets said each season but there are always 2 or 3 teams that unexpectedly  underperform.

You beat me to it.

One or two of the relegated teams will tank. One or two surprises like a Preston, an Ipswich, a Millwall or Brentford will surprise.

We have a fabulous kernel of excellent players. If Jos is what he seems to be, if DC supports him, if we have more good luck than bad luck, we will be right up there.

Keep what we've got fit, add one or two sensible signings & there's nothing in this division we should worry about. Not saying we're going to win it but the only thing that can stop us getting promotion is our own inconsistency.

22 minutes ago, vulva said:

One possible negative to Swansea coming down is that Carlos will come for a couple of players. Wouldn't surprise me if Reach, Bannan and a couple of others are on their radar. 

They’d have to be barmy.

They know that Carlos breaks players.  He could ruin the rest of their careers.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

They’d have to be barmy.

They know that Carlos breaks players.  He could ruin the rest of their careers.

That’s a myth created out of frustration from a poor season. Carlos will be getting the blame for the African famines next. 

Let you into a secret. Players don’t do anything they don’t want to. They hold all the power these days, and if Swansea came with say £12m for Reach, and offered him £10k a week extra, both would probably say yes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Honestly cannot see Carlos staying on at Swansea even if they somehow stay up. I don't expect to see him there next season.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

CC only has contract with Swansea to end of season, iwhen they go down he will be gone. If they had stayed up think you are correct could have seen him moving for bannan and Hooper who were his favourites. Reach is a possibility but could not seehim taking any of others.