The championship will be ultra competitive next season

42 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Do you think United will sink next year then? With or without Wilder?

Bias a side, genuinely think they'll regress. They're not gonna have millions to spend and there's only so much you can get out of Billy Sharp and Leon Clarke in the purple patch of his career.

Aside from that... Stoke will be strong, so will West Brom and most likely Swansea with the parachute payments and they're bound to hang on to a few of their quality players.

After that, we'll have the losing play-off teams..... it's going to be a very hard Championship next year and we'll do very well to make the play-offs.

Edited by TheRedanator

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

This topic comes up every year. Last year we were warned it was going to be the hardest year ever, same the year before. I said in both cases it wasn't necessarily the case. People always expect the relegated teams to be challenging the following year, one usually does but the others are mid table or worse. Teams that were competitive last year sometimes have stinkers the following year, that happened to us this year and Brighton before us.

There's no reason to worry about next year, we probably won't be in the mix if FFP bites and if we are competitive we just have to be better than the rest....easy.lol

I didn’t mean it was going to be harder, I just think it will be a lot closer than this season. Especially with Wolves and Cardiff going up, and maybe Fulham. Also, some of the poor teams at the bottom like Barnsley and Sunderland are down and on the face of it there isn’t really anybody who looks nailed on to be relegated ( apart from Bolton and the league one team who goes up through playoffs).

1 minute ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Will be spicy now Swansea are going to be there.  The question is will Carlos be coming back or will he have been sacked by then...

Not definite - Huddersfield have a very tough run in and dont see them getting another point.

It will depend on whether Stoke bother to turn up for Swansea’s in their last Prem match. 

18 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Not definite - Huddersfield have a very tough run in and dont see them getting another point.

It will depend on whether Stoke bother to turn up for Swansea’s in their last Prem match. 

Totally agree.

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

I'd love Hudds to come down (as I am bitter and twisted and don't have a gracious bone in my body about their "plucky" promotion) but they will get at least a point when Arsenal limp up north for their final game...

17 minutes ago, katie melua said:

Hopefully Fulham win the play offs this year, get them out of the league

Imo it's last chance saloon for Fulham, certainly with this current side. 

The likes of Cairney, Fredericks and of course Sessegnon will likely move on if they don't get up this season. 

Mitrovic also probably goes back to Newcastle. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Imo it's last chance saloon for Fulham, certainly with this current side. 

The likes of Cairney, Fredericks and of course Sessegnon will likely move on if they don't get up this season. 

Mitrovic also probably goes back to Newcastle. 

I agree, they really need to do it this season otherwise they will lose their 4 best players to the prem. 

As others have said, it'll be ultra-competitive as always next season and there really aren't any clear frontrunners like we've had in recent years with teams like Newcastle. Whichever three play off teams fail to go up will be the clear favourites along with Stoke and possibly West Brom, but if we can keep this mojo that we've discovered in recent weeks going then we'll also be right up there. You've always got to be on the look out for that surprise package team like Huddersfield last year or Cardiff this year - could be a well-run but smaller club like Preston or Millwall, or some a bigger side that finally resurges under strong management like Birmingham.

It is always a difficult league to get out of and next season will be no different. Of the teams coming down, Stoke have problems off the pitch and that is not good newsfor them. West brom are financially well managed and have arguably under performed this season you can see them mounting a challenge. I do not think Swansea or Huddersfield will bounce back. CC will be sacked if not they are mid table at best.

Personally hope Fulham are promoted, other teams are effective rather than spectacular.Consistency and good planning is what you need and team full of energy. Our boss strikes me he has right approach and we will rise up table alll though may take a couple of years due to revamp squad.

9 minutes ago, TheRedanator said:

The main thing is... those coming down are established PL teams and/or yo-yo clubs... not teams like SUnderland who were in free fall

Being established teams means nothing . Us , Leeds , Coventry , Forest , Derby . All were established prem teams and none have gone back up . And in most cases not even come close . 

33 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Being established teams means nothing . Us , Leeds , Coventry , Forest , Derby . All were established prem teams and none have gone back up . And in most cases not even come close . 

People bang on about famous old clubs not in the Prem, but history counts for nothing when determining who plays in the Too Flight. 

It’s not a given right and the likes of Stoke, Swansea, Wigan etc have earned it.  

In the end it down to having the better players, management, recruitment etc.  

Since the late 90’s we haven’t managed to attain this...hence why we are where we are. 

59 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

We are nowhere near a top 2 side, never have been! Lets be realistic

Whilst I think you've got a fair point, you could have argued the same about Cardiff this season; I can't remember many tipping them for promotion at the beginning of the season. Sometimes things just click and work out for you.

20 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

People bang on about famous old clubs not in the Prem, but history counts for nothing when determining who plays in the Too Flight. 

It’s not a given right and the likes of Stoke, Swansea, Wigan etc have earned it.  

In the end it down to having the better players, management, recruitment etc.  

Since the late 90’s we haven’t managed to attain this...hence why we are where we are. 

My only point was that just because a team has been in the prem for a while doesn't follow that they will be anywhere near promotion next year and was just giving examples of established top flight clubs that after relegation have come ,  on the whole , nowhere near a return . 

16 minutes ago, Chilli said:

Whilst I think you've got a fair point, you could have argued the same about Cardiff this season; I can't remember many tipping them for promotion at the beginning of the season. Sometimes things just click and work out for you.

A manager who's done it before helps.