The championship will be ultra competitive next season

Although we don’t know exactly who will come down and who will win playoffs (in L1 and championship) it’s fair to say next season will be competitive to say the least.

Competing at the top- Will be West Brom, Stoke, Potentially Swansea/Southampton, The three sides in the playoffs who don’t go up, Us, Potentially Brentford, Preston, maybe Birmingham under Monk or Norwich.

Competing at the bottom- Bolton, Wigan, Whoever goes up through playoffs in L1, Sheffield United potentially this season, Blackburn ( although I think they’ll have a decent season), Ipswich, maybe Leeds even. Reading aren’t great.

Will definitely be interesting to say the least. 

Just now, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

We beat or drew with each of the top six.

No need to be fearful

No need to get carried away. 

Keep Bannan and we will be OK. 

Top 6 should probably be the aim for me, top 2 not out of reach. Obviously depends on additions and sales.

3 minutes ago, wednesdayite7 said:

Although we don’t know exactly who will come down and who will win playoffs (in L1 and championship) it’s fair to say next season will be competitive to say the least.

Competing at the top- Will be West Brom, Stoke, Potentially Swansea/Southampton, The three sides in the playoffs who don’t go up, Us, Potentially Brentford, Preston, maybe Birmingham under Monk or Norwich.

Competing at the bottom- Bolton, Wigan, Whoever goes up through playoffs in L1, Sheffield United potentially this season, Blackburn ( although I think they’ll have a decent season), Ipswich, maybe Leeds even. Reading aren’t great.

Do you think United will sink next year then? With or without Wilder?

1 minute ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Do you think United will sink next year then? With or without Wilder?

With Wilder 16th-20th. Without Wilder 19th-23rd. They will probably get enough points at home to stay up, however, it wouldn’t surprise me if they did drop. 

I'm going to state the obvious and say its always ultra-competitive, but it's also very difficult to predict. Sometimes the teams you expect to do well don't, sometimes a team emerges from nowhere and form from the previous season counts for nothing IMO. 

Wolves and Cardiff, two very different teams and two very different approaches to getting promoted. To me, this is the beauty of the Championship and it should serve as a cause of hope to us all that promotion is still very much a possibility if we can get the fundamentals right.

20 minutes ago, wednesdayite7 said:

Stoke and Wet Spinach will be midtable dross bobbing about.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, zico.b said:

Don't we say this every season?

Yes we do and we are right. The championship is dog eat dog and is one of the hardest leagues in the world. 

To get promoted takes a lot of good fortune and many ducks to line up including keeping best player's fit and having the right manager.

Let's hope we have got both of those next season and have a great deal more good fortune as well.

Wawaw 

16 minutes ago, wednesdayite7 said:

With Wilder 16th-20th. Without Wilder 19th-23rd. They will probably get enough points at home to stay up, however, it wouldn’t surprise me if they did drop. 

Interesting without Wilder buying league 1 and 2 players won’t work. I can imagine if he walks they might reluctantly buy better but not too have a season like this one. 

1 minute ago, Pale Rider said:

Looks like the the South Wales lobsters might be joining us. Don’t think the Portuguese guru will be though. 

I loved him at S6 but watching some more recent stuff he is moving over to the arrogance side of the scale 

I don't think any of the 3 sides being relegated from the Prem will be up there come May, irrespective of whatever their parachute payments are

Hopefully Fulham win the play offs this year, get them out of the league

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wednesdayite7 said:

Why assume the teams coming down will be up there? 

With or without CC Swansea will be what they are now, mediocre. Sounds like Stoke have got problems in the dressing room.

All three relegated teams could have new managers.

I'd amazed if there is another Wolves next season, it looks a pretty level playing field, especially if Fulham take the playboffs.

So, nothing to fear, apart from FFP.

11 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

I loved him at S6 but watching some more recent stuff he is moving over to the arrogance side of the scale 

Much as it’s good to see Carlos squirm, we are talking Mark Hughes here. My hypocrisy only goes so far. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, zico.b said:

Don't we say this every season?

This topic comes up every year. Last year we were warned it was going to be the hardest year ever, same the year before. I said in both cases it wasn't necessarily the case. People always expect the relegated teams to be challenging the following year, one usually does but the others are mid table or worse. Teams that were competitive last year sometimes have stinkers the following year, that happened to us this year and Brighton before us.

There's no reason to worry about next year, we probably won't be in the mix if FFP bites and if we are competitive we just have to be better than the rest....easy.lol