Hooper

Forestieri

Fletcher

Winnall

Matias

Joao

Nuhiu

Rhodes

Now whatever you think of each of the above as an individual player, ALL of the above were part of a squad that just 12 months ago gained 81 points and ALL are still at the club.

This season we had a manager who had lost the plot early on and 14 of the above list have had long term injuries but to write this group of players off after such an unfortunate season is a little premature to say the least.

We have also bought in a manager who has a record in the second tier in Germany similar to Neil Warnock here and as I’d expect the vast majority of the above to be fit for preseason, even without additions I expect us to be able to mount a top 6 challenge regardless of who comes down from the Premier League and who comes up from League 1.

12 hours ago, ReluctantNicko said:

I don't think the gap between the Premier League and championship has narrowed...it has just been a freak year in the PL with 3 established teams (4 if you include Southampton) all under-performing. Just go back 12 months and both Middlesbrough and Hull suffered instant relegation.

I confidently predict Cardiff and Huddersfield will go down next year along with Derby or Boro if either get promoted. Villa and Fulham would just about survive while Wolves should finish about 10th-12th.

Promoted next season: 1 West Brom 2 Stoke 3 Villa or Norwich.

3 of those will be nearer the bottom than the top and the other will be in the PL.

4 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

People said that this season but was possibly the worst Championship of the last 10 years

Agree,  Cardiff must be the worst team to get automatic promotion I've ever seen.

Looking at the teams doing well this season shows what is needed in this league.

Wolves are a one off but Cardiff , and Derby and Villa in the playoffs are all very similar. Big , physical experienced players playing functional football. Built on solid defence and goals from set pieces  if that is all you can get.

Fulham are different and will fail again because of it. They are too easy to play against.

I expect Stoke and West Brom will be very similar next season.