The championship will be ultra competitive next season

1 minute ago, HootHoot said:

Stoke is a sinking ship. They'll have to do quite the recruiting over summer to replace their outgoing players.

With West Brom, knowing our luck Berahino will finally find his level and slot 4 past us :picnic:

Berahino plays for stoke fella

It's a very poor quality league. When as team as bad as were are can finish mid table it has to be a bad league. In previous years we would have gone down playing such negative poor quality football. 

We were lucky this season that the teams below never closed the gap. We lost match after match, couldn't score and still a ten point gap was maintained. 

We have showed that when the pressure is on our players simply aren't up to the task or are unwilling to go that extra yard. Certain players only started scoring when the pressure was off. 

If we could pass a ball And score in those last few games then we can do it throughout next season. Of course the difference will be that the other teams will also be flat out. 

I don't think our players were flat out once this season. You can't be flat out when teams like Norwich aren't trying. 

Wolves were at half pace in the penultimate match and we never crossed the halfway line. That's how much of a gulf in class there was. And we spent a lot more money on our team than wolves. I forgot, Wolves play all of their top players An our five fifty grand a week players didn't manage 50 games between them. That's thirteen million quid a year wasted. Wolves spent well. 

Unless we sign at least six new decent players we haven't got a chance. On the basis of what I've seen, the current team hasn't a chance of going up. 

It's got more chance of going down. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, CF_Owl said:

It's way too difficult to tell who will perform and who won't at this stage. The transfer window will give an indication of who means business and who is going to stagnate.

As above the transfer window will prove how ambitious we are. 'Deeds not words' please Mr. Chansari. 

As for other teams personally I would like Derby to go up but as a Wednesday fan I would like Villa to win the play offs. 

They are easily the biggest club in the division, it would be great news for Wednesday if they were out of the way for next season. 

On 08/05/2018 at 22:47, Chilli said:

Whilst I think you've got a fair point, you could have argued the same about Cardiff this season; I can't remember many tipping them for promotion at the beginning of the season. Sometimes things just click and work out for you.

Yes they do, but cardiffs back 4 is far superior to ours in every position. Ours is poor

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

It's a very poor quality league. When as team as bad as were are can finish mid table it has to be a bad league. In previous years we would have gone down playing such negative poor quality football. 

We were lucky this season that the teams below never closed the gap. We lost match after match, couldn't score and still a ten point gap was maintained. 

We have showed that when the pressure is on our players simply aren't up to the task or are unwilling to go that extra yard. Certain players only started scoring when the pressure was off. 

If we could pass a ball And score in those last few games then we can do it throughout next season. Of course the difference will be that the other teams will also be flat out. 

I don't think our players were flat out once this season. You can't be flat out when teams like Norwich aren't trying. 

Wolves were at half pace in the penultimate match and we never crossed the halfway line. That's how much of a gulf in class there was. And we spent a lot more money on our team than wolves. I forgot, Wolves play all of their top players An our five fifty grand a week players didn't manage 50 games between them. That's thirteen million quid a year wasted. Wolves spent well. 

Unless we sign at least six new decent players we haven't got a chance. On the basis of what I've seen, the current team hasn't a chance of going up. 

It's got more chance of going down. 

Quality is subjective.

Don't believe there was any luck involved.

If as you suggest we were as poor as that how come a half @ssed wolves didn't rip us a new one.

Still peddling the £55,000 a week spiel eh.

We've got as good a chance as any other bugger of going up,on what i've seen,there's no way we'll go down.

This division's crap - see Hudders and Cardiff and Bolton's points total.

It just needs quality management - team and owners etc - like above or Wolves and you are up.

The 3 coming down more likely to do a Sunderland as they've also spent daft on players and momentum against them.  

10 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

Yes they do, but cardiffs back 4 is far superior to ours in every position. Ours is poor

Whilst our defence hasn't been anywhere near as effective this season that has come on the back of two consecutive seasons where the defence had equalled our clean sheet record, so to say our defence is poor is, in my opinion, a tad unfair.

Edited by Chilli

On 08/05/2018 at 21:02, BenOwl1867 said:

Do you think United will sink next year then? With or without Wilder?

I do. Like us in previous seasons-fluffed their chance. Wilderbeast will be gone either in the summer if McCabe and the Prince can’t make up or by Christmas when the shoeless masses turn on him. 

35 minutes ago, Chilli said:

Whilst our defence hasn't been anywhere near as effective this season that has come on the back of two consecutive seasons where the defence had equalled our clean sheet record, so to say our defence is poor is, in my opinion, a tad unfair.

Not really, our full backs arn’t good enough for a top 6 team, Lees has been average at best

No need to fear any of the teams coming down at all...

If you look at the baggies team, they need a massive squad overhaul

players like, Rondon, Hegazi, Evans, jay Rodriguez, chadli, Livermore will all disperse. They are pretty much starting from scratch which isn't always the easiest thing to do. 

Swansea will hopefully sink back down to the lower reaches where they belong

Stoke again, ageing squad needing a huge rebuild and look/sound a bit rotten to the core according recent interviews from players

5 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Not really, our full backs arn’t good enough for a top 6 team, Lees has been average at best

You're entitled to your opinion pal, but we have finished in the top 6 for two out of the last three seasons with those same defenders. Lee's wasn't as good in the early part of this season but IMO played much better when he came back from injury.

Let's agree to disagree shall we. :luhukay: 

Under monk i quietly fancy us to get near the top 6. Although theres rumours we ll be under an embargo soon so we could easily go down. Sort of club we are.

Think you ll be by top 6. Depends on recruitment. 

Outta the 3 coming down i think baggies will be strongest. They will buy smartly. 

On 5/8/2018 at 21:42, TheRedanator said:

Bias a side, genuinely think they'll regress. They're not gonna have millions to spend and there's only so much you can get out of Billy Sharp and Leon Clarke in the purple patch of his career.

Aside from that... Stoke will be strong, so will West Brom and most likely Swansea with the parachute payments and they're bound to hang on to a few of their quality players.

After that, we'll have the losing play-off teams..... it's going to be a very hard Championship next year and we'll do very well to make the play-offs.

The standard in the Championship gets worse each year, it's very competitive but there is no real quality teams in it and won't be next season and that's why there is a team each year like Huddersfield and Cardiff this year that manage to get out of it. 

A good start and it's anyones for the taking. 

Realistically think we have a top 6 team as now. As others have said this league is exciting but only because everyone is much the same short of quality. Having 2 or 3 quality players will make the difference to us finishing top 6 or mid table. If forestieri, bannan or Hooper left, we would be mid table at best.

On 08/05/2018 at 20:58, wednesdayite7 said:

Although we don’t know exactly who will come down and who will win playoffs (in L1 and championship) it’s fair to say next season will be competitive to say the least.

Competing at the top- Will be West Brom, Stoke, Potentially Swansea/Southampton, The three sides in the playoffs who don’t go up, Us, Potentially Brentford, Preston, maybe Birmingham under Monk or Norwich.

Competing at the bottom- Bolton, Wigan, Whoever goes up through playoffs in L1, Sheffield United potentially this season, Blackburn ( although I think they’ll have a decent season), Ipswich, maybe Leeds even. Reading aren’t great.

Will definitely be interesting to say the least. 

Yep looking forward to it Waste of a season ticket this year as I only went to "Big Dave" games partly due to ill health and partly due to both Pardew and Pulis. Can't see us going up as there's big rebuilding job to do. I just hope the club shows some ambition with the new manager. Hopefully they'll rebuild a balanced side

4 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

Yep looking forward to it Waste of a season ticket this year as I only went to "Big Dave" games partly due to ill health and partly due to both Pardew and Pulis. Can't see us going up as there's big rebuilding job to do. I just hope the club shows some ambition with the new manager. Hopefully they'll rebuild a balanced side

Would you not want Darren Moore to stay?