George Hirst missing "That's just the way it is"

13 minutes ago, Quist said:

Does anybody know if Ashley Bajer was prevented from playing for first team until contract was signed?. He was on bench early in season then went out of matchday squad.

It was rumoured Thorniley and Clare were blocked. But Clare playedeven though had not signed. This suggested no consistent policy and unfair unless there is another reaso for saying do not play. We have also played 4 senior payers who are out of contract. I do not like to see a policy which is not even handed.

I am not convinced that Clare was blocked. Maybe he was maybe he wasn't. I hadn't heard it suggested that Thorniley had been blocked.

However, there seems to me to be a big difference between Clare and Hirst. Hirst or his advisors had stated he wasn't going to sign and negotiations had broken down to the extent that they did not respond to club's communications.

To my knowledge, Clare has not said that he will not sign. It is just that he has not signed.

With Thorniley there was a time when he hadn't signed and then he signed.

Well we won’t miss him that’s for sure , but if his career takes off and he’s anywhere near as good as Daddy that’s when it will be , if only . Good luck to the lad . Can’t understand the horrid comments really .

Edited by dewsburyowl58

Guest Bulgaria
28 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

George Hirst rate superstar he once kicked and Headed a ball at Cambridge in the Noddy Cup lol

I thoroughly enjoy your posts, and it is for that reason alone I have to ask....

Would you be kind enough to translate your post into English?

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Quist said:

Does anybody know if Ashley Bajer was prevented from playing for first team until contract was signed?. He was on bench early in season then went out of matchday squad.

It was rumoured Thorniley and Clare were blocked. But Clare playedeven though had not signed. This suggested no consistent policy and unfair unless there is another reaso for saying do not play. We have also played 4 senior payers who are out of contract. I do not like to see a policy which is not even handed.

I think the answer to this will never be made public unless one of the people involved speaks out.

Clare, who we understand has the same agent and is also out of contract, played for the first team thereby scotching the theory about the club having a blocking policy.

Surely then this suggests something much more serious took place between the Hirsts themselves and the owner.

Seems now to be a matter of pride where nobody is backing off or willing to clarify.

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well we won’t miss him that’s for sure , but if his career takes off and he’s anywhere near as good as Daddy that’s when it will be , if only . Good luck to the lad . Can’t understand the horrid comments really .

You don’t understand them? Seriously?

9 minutes ago, Watson said:

Neither do I.  Why get so het up about someone making a decision which is his business and his alone?

Good point!

Stop all comments about players/coaches/managers as it’s their business and their business alone 

• Haha 1