George Hirst missing "That's just the way it is"

7 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Fully agree!!!!

As I have stated numerous times on various postings on this site, it must be 2 seasons ago. Whilst attending a friend's Birthday treat - dinner in the Restaurant, followed by a match, we had had dinner and were sat around the table when it was approached by David Hirst and another. They presented my friend with a small gift, containing a new Wed.Tie, for his birthday. In the short conversation that followed, David was asked 'Are we likely to be seeing your lad's name on the team sheet shortly?'. The answer was short and to the point. George will NOT be signing for Wednesday, especially if he is advised by me.'. The responder a certain Mr David Hirst! This is not something that came to me second hand. I WAS THERE. It is not gossip, or 'paper-talk. IT IS FACT as I and seven other people will vouch for, and swear in court if necessary.

It is obvious that George, influenced no doubt by his Father,(nothing wrong with that), has decided that the lure of a bigger club, and higher wages is for him.I have no arguement with this, in the same way that have no disagreement with the club spending its limited resources on players who are prepared to play for the club.

As far as I am concerned , Geo. has no future at S6, and so should be put into the 'Ex Wednesday section.

Totally agree, this paragraph should be the end of all the GH threads on here.

Unfortunately it won't be.

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It would have made a nice story wouldn't it. 

Son of a Legend writes his own chapter in Wednesday folklore. 

The real world of modern football  is a colder , harder place sadly. 

Still. One day I'm sure,  when I'm dead and gone, there will be a prophecy fulfilled.  A full blown fairytale 

Maybe in 20 years time Big Atdhe will have a boy and name him Dave and he'll come through the academy into the first team and fire us to glory.

cf1eccee32b84ebda23eff1069f1649f.jpg

The boy “Dave” will be better advised by his Dad! 

lol

15 hours ago, mogbad said:

Totally agree, this paragraph should be the end of all the GH threads on here.

Unfortunately it won't be.

It will be interesting to see if we will get statement from camp Hirst once George leaves the club.

Statement above doesn't mention why David don't want to sign with the club. It doesn't have to be because they had their heads turned by "bigger" clubs and promise of a better contract. It is not like they are alowed to tell their side of the story while under contract with the club.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, malek said:

It will be interesting to see if we will get statement from camp Hirst once George leaves the club.

Statement above doesn't mention why David don't want to sign with the club. It doesn't have to be because they had their heads turned by "bigger" clubs and promise of a better contract. It is not like they are alowed to tell their side of the story while under contract with the club.

There might be a statement. I hope not though as it will only lead to further devisiveness as entrenched position are unlikely to change whatever. Some will favour the club's version; others the player's.

I just want him to get on with his future, us get a reasonable compensation package, and both sides move on looking after their own interests. We all need to move on. Preston, Lonchar, Borukov etc are our future now.

Shame he doesn’t want to play football for the club who’s supported and developed him both domestically and internationally.

Shame his father is promoting him to not play for the club who supported and idolised himself.

Shame that a young lad is motivated enough not to play but wants to play at a higher level before actually proving their worth at a lower level.

Shame that there isn’t more transparency about the whole situation and we are left to speculate on what’s iccurring.

We should have released him on a free as soon as it transpired he wasn’t signing a deal. 

273 threads, 6,467 pages and reams of ill informed conjecture and utter nonsense (half of it lifted from half cut ex players from both Sheffield clubs talking very loudly in golf clubs where they are no longer welcome) is far more painful than the few quid that we will get at a tribunal. 

2 hours ago, fatzooma said:

Shame he doesn’t want to play football for the club who’s supported and developed him both domestically and internationally.

Shame his father is promoting him to not play for the club who supported and idolised himself.

Shame that a young lad is motivated enough not to play but wants to play at a higher level before actually proving their worth at a lower level.

Shame that there isn’t more transparency about the whole situation and we are left to speculate on what’s iccurring.

Yeah, perhaps the easiest thing, if indeed if he was never going to sign, would have been to say look I want to move to a big premiership club, thanks for all the support from fans, but I want to leave - then there wouldn't been all this bitterness