George Hirst missing "That's just the way it is"

5 hours ago, jfr142 said:

The system is all wrong. We should own the youth assert until a few is paid or agree to part. All clubs should. The tribunal is wrong approach.

What if he's worth 100m next year after scoring 20 first season for manU

If he scores 20 for Man U it will be only for their academy so hardly be worth 100m.

It's time to cut the lad a bit of slack , I would've loved him to play for us and be successful for years to come , but his head has obviously been turned and for whatever reason he's not going to do that , wether he is a success somewhere else or not only time will tell , but good luck to him for the future , we are going up next year with or without him .

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
15 minutes ago, watty said:

It's time to cut the lad a bit of slack , I would've loved him to play for us and be successful for years to come , but his head has obviously been turned and for whatever reason he's not going to do that , wether he is a success somewhere else or not only time will tell , but good luck to him for the future , we are going up next year with or without him .

Yep, no problems with either the lad's or club's approach. It's business. 

We move on and concentrate on the other youngsters.

19 minutes ago, watty said:

Yeh loads of hype about who did or said what by people claiming to be ITK.

To me it just boils down to both parties failed to reach agreement for reasons only fully known to themselves and he's now moving on.

He may make a very good/excellent footballer or he may be only mediocre time will tell.

We should now concentrate on next season with players we still have not what might or might not have been.

12 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Disagree, if George Hirst doesn’t want to be at Sheffield Wednesday anymore and has decided he’ll be leaving for free on the Summer, i’d sooner his place in the side be given to a youngster that does want to be here.

George’s development is no longer our concern, our priorities now lie with our other young strikers.

Fully agree!!!!

As I have stated numerous times on various postings on this site, it must be 2 seasons ago. Whilst attending a friend's Birthday treat - dinner in the Restaurant, followed by a match, we had had dinner and were sat around the table when it was approached by David Hirst and another. They presented my friend with a small gift, containing a new Wed.Tie, for his birthday. In the short conversation that followed, David was asked 'Are we likely to be seeing your lad's name on the team sheet shortly?'. The answer was short and to the point. George will NOT be signing for Wednesday, especially if he is advised by me.'. The responder a certain Mr David Hirst! This is not something that came to me second hand. I WAS THERE. It is not gossip, or 'paper-talk. IT IS FACT as I and seven other people will vouch for, and swear in court if necessary.

It is obvious that George, influenced no doubt by his Father,(nothing wrong with that), has decided that the lure of a bigger club, and higher wages is for him.I have no arguement with this, in the same way that have no disagreement with the club spending its limited resources on players who are prepared to play for the club.

As far as I am concerned , Geo. has no future at S6, and so should be put into the 'Ex Wednesday section.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

.curvaceous with a sense of humour and worth a bob or two ,whats not to like 

56 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Her puddings seem to rise well lol

1 hour ago, MrsHall said:

Mucky...UTO.

1 hour ago, Frazzlebeak said:

I bet she makes a lovely Sunday dinner aswell........

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

My kind of woman 

Hands off pal ....lol

Getting Lisa Tarbuck into a George Hirst thread ...

Thats the wonder of Owlstalk ......lol

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, The Captain said:

I’m not in favour of the owner telling the manager who plays and who gets left out of games.  Otherwise he’s actually undermining manager IMO.

Thought I made that was quite clear in the post you quoted.

It's like you really know what happened...you haven't a clue ..only Hursts Doyen and Mr chansiri oh and Carlos know the truth...but go on keep having a dig at the owner...it's quite funny...

It would have made a nice story wouldn't it. 

Son of a Legend writes his own chapter in Wednesday folklore. 

The real world of modern football  is a colder , harder place sadly. 

Still. One day I'm sure,  when I'm dead and gone, there will be a prophecy fulfilled.  A full blown fairytale 

Maybe in 20 years time Big Atdhe will have a boy and name him Dave and he'll come through the academy into the first team and fire us to glory.

cf1eccee32b84ebda23eff1069f1649f.jpg

• Like 2

On 27/04/2018 at 15:47, Wath-owl said:

You're joking? There will be a new thread on here every time he wins a header for his new club.

There won't because he'll be so far down the pecking order he won't be playing.