Excellent today. Rock solid and creative too.

That “shot” though on about 80 minutes where they backed off him and he let rip from 30 yards. Apart from scuffing it way off target at about 5mph it was ace. 

Really good performance.

42 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Once again absolute solid performance today, he was actually my MOTM. He certainly looks more comfortable at left centre back in a back 3. Well done fella keep it up. 

I would like to see him given another 12 month contract . Even if only as the back up centre half on the bench .

45 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

That “shot” though on about 80 minutes where they backed off him and he let rip from 30 yards. Apart from scuffing it way off target at about 5mph it was ace. 

Really good performance.

he only had a shot because everyone in the crowd shouted for him to do so...sort of an after thought though and it was a bit tame.

53 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Really good performance.

Hahaha. There was a little kid behind me. After that shot he said "That's a defender's shot right there if I ever saw one." Couldn't stop laughing for ages.

11 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

Did very well for the first goal too - decided he would do the full back role (that Boyd is incapable of doing), overlapped nicely and we went 1-0 up.

When playing with a back three it should be possible for one of the central defenders to occassionally break out of defence and carry the ball upfield.

Done properly it wrong foots the opponents as to who should be marking him. Maguire does it succesfully for Liecester (and England).

Pudil, with the possible exception of Van Aken, is the only one of our back 3 with the ability to do it.

Question really is whether he has the legs to do it more than once in a game.

Worth another year until JVA, another who is suited to playing in a defensive three, adapts to the British game.