2 hours ago, Halifax Owls said:

He had A good game against shy t  opposition.....that’s all.

He's had a good game most weeks under Jos, probably been our most consistent performer in 2018.

I thought he was done as a full-back and pre-season didn't bode well for him playing centre-back but he did OK when he had to come in under Carlos in that position and has looked well-suited to playing in a back 3.

I take it he's no longer way past his sell by date as he was a week and a half ago, then?

:duntmatter:

On 10 April 2018 at 20:55, Johnny Concrete said:

Definitely, we are way off. We've got a squad full of has beens, if this had been 5 years ago we'd be romping the league but unfortunately the likes of Fletcher, Boyd, Loovens, Abdi, Jones, Pudil to name a few are way past their sell by date. Problem is these are high earners and they won't be getting shifted off the wage bill because other clubs won't touch them. Its a mess, a total mess. 

• Haha 1

Sat at the front of the South yesterday so Pudil was metres away in the second half. 

He hadn’t put a foot wrong all day When with around 10 minutes to go he tried to cushion a difficult header to a touchline-hugging teammate but it went just out for a throw. He berated himself as if he had just scored the losing OG v United at Wembley. Brilliant attitude that at 3 up in a fairly meaningless end of season game. Hardly playing for a new contract.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Since Carlos was replaced by Jos and we’ve switched to 3 at the back he’s been like a new player.

For me he has to get another year, a very reliable option for the manager to have.

The left side of our back three is the least of our worries.

Pudil is playing well enough there to warrant a year's extension to his contract. 

True, his years are catching up with him but his replacements,Van Aken or Thornily are in place and should be bedded in gradually next season.

Left full/wing back is much greater priority as is a more physical presence in centre midfield.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Done well at centre back lately it has to be said. I've just got a feeling though that we'll be looking for one maybe two new centre backs and that both Venancio and Pudil might be leaving in the summer revolution. 

I was one calling for Pudil to go last summer as thought he was too slow and getting caught out of position at LB but he’s been absolutely fantastic since moving into central defence. Looks very confident and dominant and he reads the game so well in this position.