Have we seen the last of Almen Abdi

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

I saw him having some Chinese food in town with Nuhiu a couple of years back. Haven’t seen him since

Perhaps Nuhiu ate him by mistake.... Or on purpose

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Did you notice what they were having?

I'm starting a diet whereby I only eat what well known people eat and this information could be a big help.

I can’t remember exactly what Abdi was eating, I was too busy trying and failing to translate their conversation in German. Atdhe ate the lot though

Just now, beswetherick said:

I can’t remember exactly what Abdi was eating, I was too busy trying and failing to translate their conversation in German. Atdhe ate the lot though

Very difficult to hide my disappointment with your post............. thanks anyway .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

I cant decide if Abdi or Rhodes is our most pointless signing of the last couple of seasons.

Both completely unnecessary

Pointless and unnecessary? Without Bannan and Lee 100%, our midfield offered next to nothing and, as we've seen this season, still doesn't.

Abdi was a creative, attacking midfielder, described throughout his career as a model professional with no interests outside playing football, plenty would argue Championship player of the season the year Watford went up, coming off the back of playing a full season in the Premier League, and still in what should have been the prime of his career.

What we got couldn't be a bigger waste of space if Watford had sent us his granny instead, no argument there, but the Almen Abdi who played for Watford was exactly what we needed and, if he could find that form again, what we still need. Rhodes with that Abdi behind him could well have been a different picture too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2soon said:

Jos is doing a great job with bringing players back and keeping them fit. 

Fairly confident given abdi talent he will be a star for us once fit. 

...and here's me thinking I'm the eternal optimist. 

PS I would love to know exactly how much wonga each minute he's been on the pitch for us since he came here here has cost us. Actually, scrub that.

• Haha 1

I think there mist be some arrangement with Abdi - I do think he'll leave at the end of the season

I cannot see why otherwise he doesn't make the squad

And I know for a fact he's not been injured most of the season - and that CC didn't want to play him and there were some smoke and mirrors - which haven't helped his cause with the fans

4 minutes ago, scram said:

I think there mist be some arrangement with Abdi - I do think he'll leave at the end of the season

I cannot see why otherwise he doesn't make the squad

And I know for a fact he's not been injured most of the season - and that CC didn't want to play him and there were some smoke and mirrors - which haven't helped his cause with the fans

So he's a fraud Wim Jonk Mk II and he has essentially been paid off ? You haven't told us much there Scram.

I suppose the rest of his team mates hate him for continually swinging the lead ?

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

4 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Such a waste of cash, we really have made a mess of transfers.

Have we really made a mess of transfers? When you look at the overall picture, we can’t really say they’ve been a mess. 

Abdi, yes. Swapping Winnall for Butterfield. Who else? Fletcher maybe? He’ll sill be around for a while yet, so we can’t write him off. Not sure who else you’re thinking of. 

4 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So he's a fraud Wim Jonk Mk II and he has essentially been paid off ? You haven't told us much there Scram.

I suppose the rest of his team mates hate him for continually swinging the lead ?

How is "not getting selected" - "swinging the lead"

What do you mean I've not told you much?

I've told you he hasn't been injured and not been selected - you've estimated that he's been paid up - i'm not even saying he's leaving - my guess is that he will