Have we seen the last of Almen Abdi

Bottom line is that 3 managers, Carlos, Bullen and Jos have failed to pick Abdi for any sustained period. Therefore, I don’t buy the theory that it is again the fault of Carlos. 

My own money is on a pro who’s legs have gone, and who just doesn’t have the physicality for this league. 

Horrific signing. 

Just now, vulva said:

Bottom line is that 3 managers, Carlos, Bullen and Jos have failed to pick Abdi for any sustained period. Therefore, I don’t buy the theory that it is again the fault of Carlos. 

My own money is on a pro who’s legs have gone, and who just doesn’t have the physicality for this league. 

Horrific signing. 

It's the 'Watford connection'...I hope somebody writes a book about the last 3 years at s6...it stinks big time

44 minutes ago, scram said:

How is "not getting selected" - "swinging the lead"

What do you mean I've not told you much?

I've told you he hasn't been injured and not been selected - you've estimated that he's been paid up - i'm not even saying he's leaving - my guess is that he will

So basically he has made the journey from hero to zero in terms of quality in your estimation ? 

5 hours ago, poite said:

Abdi is a disastrous signing.

But imo Matias is even worse. That absolute waste of air has only featured 8 more times than Abdi with a whole season longer under his belt of rinsing this club of a wage. 

Both of them are a disgrace and I can't wait to see the end of both of them so they can start their retirement.

Wouldn't surprise me if where Matthias goes his injury record improves beyond recognition.

His sending off against Fulham last season summed him up.

Petulant and selfish.

14 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So basically he has made the journey from hero to zero in terms of quality in your estimation ? 

I've no idea why you are coming up with thee assumptions tbh

I'm saying he hasn't been injured nearly as long as we have been led to believe

I don't know why he's currently not even in the squad - I do know CC didn't want him and didn't want to play him

I'm saying we bought a fabulous player and it has been shambolic for both the club and player 

There are no winners

1 minute ago, scram said:

I don't know why he's currently not even in the squad - I do know CC didn't want him and didn't want to play him

I'm saying we bought a fabulous player and it has been shambolic for both the club and player 

There are no winners

Don’t see the relevance of the CC point. 3 different managers haven’t played him. The common denominator is Abdi. 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Abdi hasnt even made 7 appearances  has he ? 

1 hour ago, Spencerowl said:

I don’t think so no 

i worked it out in the last Abdi thread...see below!  He's been involved in 4 games this season, on the bench and unused for 7.  He's been involved in 11% of all possible SWFC minutes played since he arrived.   

Edited by Suzuki_San

CC is without doubt a factor in Abdi's failure at Wednesday though.

He never seemed to have any plan for where he was going to play him, and just seemed to give up on him within only a few months of him being here.

Bullen did actually play him, but I don't really know what's happened under JL; you'd expect Abdi would've seen it as an opportunity of a fresh new start under a new manager, but then gets the kind of injury (to his eye) that just seems to sum up his time with us, and then since then it's as though all parties have given up trying to make this work.

As I said in another post about Abdi earlier this season, it was said after all his injuries he would not be able to play 45min.. did Watford know? Did the agents know? Did Wednesday know and just thought they would take punt? Whatever the answer I don’t think I’ve seen a worse signing since Sammy Todd

1 hour ago, scram said:

There are no winners

Interesting that you say CC didn’t want him as that contradicts the chairman’s statements that CC was responsible for our signings.