Have we seen the last of Almen Abdi

It was a strange decision by Watford to sell him in first place after having apparently done well for them previous season. I think they realised his engine had gone and realised opportunity to cash in. Loovens is a good example where a player can suddenly lose a couple of yards of pace in a couple of months and it turns a reliable playe into a poor one. Think medical set up at Watford must have realised Abdi had lost it and it was time to move on. He has not looked anything like since being at the club even when he played and scored the rest of hisvgame was nothing like it had been in previous seasons. This is risk you run if buying players towards end of careers and why it should not be done regularly. Hopefully the club will no longer target players in 30 plus age group.as we have had numerous failures with many not living up to expectations in addition to lengthy absences with injuries which is also more common with older players.

13 hours ago, scram said:

I think there mist be some arrangement with Abdi - I do think he'll leave at the end of the season

I cannot see why otherwise he doesn't make the squad

And I know for a fact he's not been injured most of the season - and that CC didn't want to play him and there were some smoke and mirrors - which haven't helped his cause with the fans

Not saying you're wrong but how do you know this to be factual?

Such a shame about Abdi, he looked a very intelligent classy player, the bits we have seen, but we cannot keep carrying injury prone players, imagine the cost to the club, its obscene!

13 hours ago, scram said:

I think there mist be some arrangement with Abdi - I do think he'll leave at the end of the season

I cannot see why otherwise he doesn't make the squad

And I know for a fact he's not been injured most of the season - and that CC didn't want to play him and there were some smoke and mirrors - which haven't helped his cause with the fans

He might not be injured as such but he is not fit enough to play professional football at this level ,as Vulva said his legs have gone he runs like a geriatric . 

As I said in another thread have a look at the Bolton cup game when he made Buckley look like Usain Bolt .

By the time his contract is up he’ll have cost the club over £7m

lol

7 million actual English pounds and that’s worked out with him on £20k a week. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on more than that

3 hours ago, Quist said:

It was a strange decision by Watford to sell him in first place after having apparently done well for them previous season.

Not really that strange, his season in the EPL with Watford consisted of him playing out on the left wing which didn't really suit him and correct me if I'm wrong the vast majority of his appearances he was subbed off early around the 60 min mark, either because they were chasing the game or he ran out of steam. He did ok that season but had been replaced centrally and wasn't the most effective out wide for them.