Venâncio

2 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

The blokes (Hutchinson) made of glass, time to get rid

He's under contract for another two years. We're evidently perilously close to the Profit & Sustainability limits, if not over them.

So how do you propose we do this and then also replace him? 

Edited by DJMortimer

4 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

IMO he is finished as a midfielder. He's too reckless. He has less opportunity to injure himself when he's at CB. Personally I think Hutch, Fred, Lees, Pudil and youngster(s) should be our options next season.

no Van Aken?

12 hours ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

What for the 5 games a season he’s fit? Nowhere reliable enough 

Have to assume this is about Hutch as Venancio has played 21 in 25 since coming in from the cold. Need to sign him up imo

12 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

I agree, theres no point in relying on Hutchinson at any position next season, he will play 3 games, get injured and we will be short on defenders yet again!

There's an alternate, recent"Fred" about retaining Hutch, a good debate.

This one is about Fred.

I know where my coat is.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
8 hours ago, Treborowl said:

no Van Aken?

Feck I actually forgot about him! Much like half the squad!

One report, HITC quoting A Bola, says we've an option to sign him for a fee of around 2.6 million. Given our financial position, if that's the case, then I think he'll be back to Portugal. He's been a reasonable addition but is hardly the commanding CB we need. 

13 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

What's the situation with him?

A) In regards yesterday. Has he got a injury? Or was he being rested after playing so many games on the spin after coming in from the cold?

B) What's the situation with his contract with us? Pressure his loan ends in may. Do we have first option? Has something already been agreed?  If so has any loan fee been part of a long term fee? 

I like the lad. Heads it and kicks it. I like that in a centre half. 

Not sure he's a lot better than Sasso,  but that's another debate.

With Loovens out going are were not surely going to rely on Lees and an combination of the kids are we?

Maybe he cannot handle the Pressure lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Didn't hear that, crikey, that would have us looking perilously short of experience at centre back.

Isn't Rob Staton just stating the obvious about our loanee? Then it's up to the club to ensure he either becomes a permanent player or get some good replacements for Loovens and him leaving.

Be a tough decision regarding venancio, for me has largely been solid, just seems to get on with doing his job with little drama which is usually the sign of a good defender.

There is a few ifs and buts though, if jos is staying and we are sticking with three at the back he'd be a good signing, with hopefully lees venancio being mainstays and whoevers still left out of pudil/hutch/van aken/thorniley competing for the last place. 

Not sure he is quite good enough for a two though and if theres a chance of westwood leaving and wildsmith being no1 we could do with a more dominant header of the ball .

Still not sure about Venancio. Gets pulled out of position at too many important times (I admit not always his fault) I would like to see a more centrally dominant (in the air) player there than Velancio. There must be a big German central defender ready for a step up.