Venâncio

What's the situation with him?

A) In regards yesterday. Has he got a injury? Or was he being rested after playing so many games on the spin after coming in from the cold?

B) What's the situation with his contract with us? Pressure his loan ends in may. Do we have first option? Has something already been agreed?  If so has any loan fee been part of a long term fee? 

I like the lad. Heads it and kicks it. I like that in a centre half. 

Not sure he's a lot better than Sasso,  but that's another debate.

With Loovens out going are were not surely going to rely on Lees and an combination of the kids are we?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Rob staton mentioned last night he could be off back to Portugal in the summer. 

Journalism at its best. Defender on loan from Portuguese side COULD return to Portugal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
4 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Hes never fit, he needs to go aswell!

IMO he is finished as a midfielder. He's too reckless. He has less opportunity to injure himself when he's at CB. Personally I think Hutch, Fred, Lees, Pudil and youngster(s) should be our options next season.

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

What's the situation with him?

A) In regards yesterday. Has he got a injury? Or was he being rested after playing so many games on the spin after coming in from the cold?

B) What's the situation with his contract with us? Pressure his loan ends in may. Do we have first option? Has something already been agreed?  If so has any loan fee been part of a long term fee? 

I like the lad. Heads it and kicks it. I like that in a centre half. 

Not sure he's a lot better than Sasso,  but that's another debate.

With Loovens out going are were not surely going to rely on Lees and an combination of the kids are we?

Not seen anything about why he didn't play but I recall we have an option to sign him with the fee agreed at £1.8m. considering we're going to need two new CBs (I'm sure Pudil will be released), Fred should be one of them.

1 minute ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

IMO he is finished as a midfielder. He's too reckless. He has less opportunity to injure himself when he's at CB. Personally I think Hutch, Fred, Lees, Pudil and youngster(s) should be our options next season.

I agree, theres no point in relying on Hutchinson at any position next season, he will play 3 games, get injured and we will be short on defenders yet again!

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 minute ago, chizumgeorge said:

I agree, theres no point in relying on Hutchinson at any position next season, he will play 3 games, get injured and we will be short on defenders yet again!

I know someone will probably correct me, but I don't recall him ever injuring himself when playing at CB. Also, he hardly got booked in that position. It's when he's in midfield he goes into self-destruct mode.

1 minute ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I know someone will probably correct me, but I don't recall him ever injuring himself when playing at CB. Also, he hardly got booked in that position. It's when he's in midfield he goes into self-destruct mode.

Playing at cb you have to tackle people i would have thought! The blokes made of glass, time to get rid

I think he’s been decent at the back in a difficult season for us. I would prefer us to go with a back 4 next season and as a consequence I think we need a better player to be Tom Lees partner in the centre of defence. We need a no nonsense brute of a player who has leadership abilities.

If if we continue to play 3 at the back, I would keep him, if not, I would be tempted to let him go back to Portugal.

22 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Not seen anything about why he didn't play but I recall we have an option to sign him with the fee agreed at £1.8m. considering we're going to need two new CBs (I'm sure Pudil will be released), Fred should be one of them.

I see only 1.8 million problems with your suggestion

• Haha 1